Teppanyaki

Recently booked the Teppanyaki for two people, for our upcoming cruise. Today I was looking at the summary, and it says that that the extra cost for eating at this restaurant is $50.00 for dining, $53.45 for taxes and fees, and that this does not include 18% VAT tax. I am confused. So, our total bill for eating at the Teppanyaki will be $103.45 plus 18%? For just the two of us?

That is an error. Just call NCL and let them know. The system is probably hiccuping again. It should be $50 plus gratuity.

Gratuity? I always thought the people in the restaurants shared the gratuity that NCL puts on your onboard account?

Honestly, I don't remember anything about a separate gratuity from the last time I was at Teppanyaki (though it has been 5 years).

Gratuity? I always thought the people in the restaurants shared the gratuity that NCL puts on your onboard account?

Honestly, I don't remember anything about a separate gratuity from the last time I was at Teppanyaki (though it has been 5 years).

we have always left separate gratuity for the specialty restaurant staff. they have always deserved it! and really, how far do you think 12$ a day divided goes? It's always easy to tell the people who have never in their lives had to work for tips ;)

we have always left separate gratuity for the specialty restaurant staff. they have always deserved it! and really, how far do you think 12$ a day divided goes? It's always easy to tell the people who have never in their lives had to work for tips ;)

Actually, Teppanyaki is the only specialty restaurant we've eaten at. We LOVE the food at the MDR and the buffet and mostly eat there.

As for 'people who have never in their lives had to work for tips', when someone gives us exemplary service then even on the cruise we reward them with an additional personal tip.

It all depends on how well they do their job, which is the way it's supposed to be.

Actually, Teppanyaki is the only specialty restaurant we've eaten at. We LOVE the food at the MDR and the buffet and mostly eat there.

As for 'people who have never in their lives had to work for tips', when someone gives us exemplary service then even on the cruise we reward them with an additional personal tip.

It all depends on how well they do their job, which is the way it's supposed to be.

Not again with the tipping!!!:eek:

OP, it is an error, call and they will fix it.

Recently booked the Teppanyaki for two people, for our upcoming cruise. Today I was looking at the summary, and it says that that the extra cost for eating at this restaurant is $50.00 for dining, $53.45 for taxes and fees, and that this does not include 18% VAT tax. I am confused. So, our total bill for eating at the Teppanyaki will be $103.45 plus 18%? For just the two of us?

I believe you are sailing on the POA so no VAT added. Cost is $25 a person. Glitch in NCL system.

That is exactly as it should be! But there are people who feel that "I paid a DSC so even if ms. xxx went over and beyond her tip has been paid" That is what I was speaking about.

That is exactly as it should be! But there are people who feel that "I paid a DSC so even if ms. xxx went over and beyond her tip has been paid" That is what I was speaking about.

It sounds like you're trying to make people feel guilty for not leaving an "extra" gratuity in the specialty restaurants. I'm not sure about NCL, but part of the cover charge may include extra gratuity for the specialty staff. I was told that was how it works on Celebrity. But anyway, yes nobody is stopping somebody from leaving an extra gratuitity, and at the same time, there is no requirement for leaving an extra gratuity.

It sounds like you're trying to make people feel guilty for not leaving an "extra" gratuity in the specialty restaurants. I'm not sure about NCL, but part of the cover charge may include extra gratuity for the specialty staff. I was told that was how it works on Celebrity. But anyway, yes nobody is stopping somebody from leaving an extra gratuitity, and at the same time, there is no requirement for leaving an extra gratuity.

I would never want to make anyone feel guilty for not leaving and extra gratuity, that is totally up to them, I was just pointing out that it is always nice to thank those who make our vacations special with a little something extra.

Archived