Irons on QM2

funinhounslow

I am going to need to run an iron over my shirts when we arrive on QM2 (tomorrow! :D )

Will "housekeeping" be able to drop an iron and board off at my cabin, or is there a separate room for guests to do this? I would prefer if possible not to use the laundry service.

Thank you in advance

I am going to need to run an iron over my shirts when we arrive on QM2 (tomorrow! :D ) Will "housekeeping" be able to drop an iron and board off at my cabin, or is there a separate room for guests to do this? I would prefer if possible not to use the laundry service. Thank you in advance
There are irons/ironing boards in the laundry rooms on nearly every cabin deck, free to use. Check the deck plans for exact locations (remember if may be quicker to use one on the decks above or below your cabin rather than walk the whole length of the ship for the one on your deck (those 1,000 ft corridors are v-e-r-y long :eek:). Hope this helps. Bon Voyage! :) .

Irons are forbidden in any cabin, on any ship I've ever known.

The QM2 has several nice public Laundry rooms with irons available.

You have never travelled with P & O then? Irons, ironing boards and trouser press in every suite & mini suite.

Not sure about other cabin grades or, indeed, other lines but I expect the are others who also provide irons, even if only on request, as would many hotels on land.

There are irons/ironing boards in the laundry rooms on nearly every cabin deck, free to use. Check the deck plans for exact locations (remember if may be quicker to use one on the decks above or below your cabin rather than walk the whole length of the ship for the one on your deck (those 1,000 ft corridors are v-e-r-y long :eek:). Hope this helps. Bon Voyage! :) .

Well, duh, it never occurs to me to check to see if there's something closer on another deck. :o Thanks for the tip! I walked a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g way to the launderette from our cabin last time.

One warning about the irons. Sometimes you'll find that the soleplate is dirty. I always travel with a large cotton handkerchief to use as a press cloth.

Check the deck plans for exact locations (remember if may be quicker to use one on the decks above or below your cabin rather than walk the whole length of the ship for the one on your deck (those 1,000 ft corridors are v-e-r-y long :eek:). Hope this helps. Bon Voyage! :) .

Interesting point, never thought of it, but when you check the deck plans on QV and QE you find that, as is obvious really they are all in the same position.

The deck plans I have for QM2 don't even feature them at all though we have used them many times. Maybe QM2 being a one off design and somewhat quirky in layout has them in random positions, but I would think the same logic of stacking then one above the other would make sence on any ship.

David.

Interesting point, never thought of it, but when you check the deck plans on QV and QE you find that, as is obvious really they are all in the same position.

The deck plans I have for QM2 don't even feature them at all though we have used them many times. Maybe QM2 being a one off design and somewhat quirky in layout has them in random positions, but I would think the same logic of stacking then one above the other would make sence on any ship.

David.

I'm pretty sure they don't stack on QM2. I do recall that the one on deck 6 was pretty far aft. It was a long walk from our forward cabin.

I'm pretty sure they don't stack on QM2. I do recall that the one on deck 6 was pretty far aft. It was a long walk from our forward cabin.

They don't - if anything they tend to stagger:

Deck 10 fore

Deck 8 Aft

Deck 6 Aft

Deck 5 Aft

Deck 4 Fore

It's worth checking whether its better to travel vertically rather than horizontally - on my forthcoming TA my 4 deck cabin is much close to the 5 Deck Launderette than the 4 Deck one.

They don't - if anything they tend to stagger: Deck 10 fore Deck 8 Aft Deck 6 Aft Deck 5 Aft Deck 4 Fore
And Deck 11 Fore (although not shown on current deck-plans, it is there).
It's worth checking whether its better to travel vertically rather than horizontally - on my forthcoming TA my 4 deck cabin is much close to the 5 Deck Launderette than the 4 Deck one.
My point exactly. I've known people walk hundreds of feet of corridor rather than one flight of stairs. Best wishes.

Archived