Park & Cruise hotels in New Orleans??

lovemytwinboys

Hello! We are sailing on the Conquest in May of 2013 (yes, I plan way in advance ;))...just curious if anyone knows of any hotels where you can park at while on your cruise (reasonably, of course)?? I saw some online last time we cruised in '07, but am not having any luck now...any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

Almost all of the holiday inns offer a cruise n park deal. Well the superdome one, the westbank one and the airport one, those three.

quality inn westbank and some others in the westbank area. I stayed at quality inn, its $139 for almost any date.

I have a booking for $159 for Marriott convention center location, for up to 8 days of parking and a $10 coffee card.

Not sure about the parking option because we didn't have a car, but we stayed at the Drury Inn in NOLA a few years ago and loved it. Location was perfect - walking distance to the French Quarter and lots to do. Breakfast was included, as was evening cocktails and snacks. Would definitely stay there again - would be worth checking to see if they offer parking too!

last time I checked the rates on Drury were outrageous. I too stayed there a few years back and loved it at $150ish, but at rates $229 and up ... not including parking, its really expensive to me.. and now I have not found any parking deals since they built the new garage. It could also be just expensive dates Im checking, but no parking deals on my dates.

I just came back and was too late to get a parking deal on a hotel this last time, booked the cruise a month out. We did a hotel for around $75ish on hotwire, the one 96% gave a thumbs up on, 3 star in convention center/arts district, $89ish with fees and taxes, it worked out great, was the convention center hilton next door to fulton garage, where I paid for 8 days of parking at $12 per day. ($96). parking and walked next door. the hotel uses this garage's shuttle to the port anyway and its right across from the port.

last time I checked the rates on Drury were outrageous. I too stayed there a few years back and loved it at $150ish, but at rates $229 and up ... not including parking, its really expensive to me.. and now I have not found any parking deals since they built the new garage. It could also be just expensive dates Im checking, but no parking deals on my dates.

I just came back and was too late to get a parking deal on a hotel this last time, booked the cruise a month out. We did a hotel for around $75ish on hotwire, the one 96% gave a thumbs up on, 3 star in convention center/arts district, $89ish with fees and taxes, it worked out great, was the convention center hilton next door to fulton garage, where I paid for 8 days of parking at $12 per day. ($96). parking and walked next door. the hotel uses this garage's shuttle to the port anyway and its right across from the port.

I guess word got out about the Drury Inn! Our next cruise is out of Port Canaveral, but would love to get back to NOLA soon... Will have to check out other hotels next time we head that way!

• 5 weeks later...

You can get deals on rooms in Gretna (Quality Inn and Suites) and Metairie (Hampton Inn and Sheraton) that include parking for the duration of your cruise and some include transportation to and from the port and breakfast. I have not had much luck in NOLA for some reason.

The information on the Visitor Bureau website is not correct in regards to the Marriott - they do not have a park n cruise that includes parking for $159 it only has the $10 gift card..There is a park n cruise for $229 per the hotel as I called them to clarify. We are going to stay there as we have in the past then use Fulton Place parking $12 per day.

I second the vote for Holiday Inn French Quarter on Royal St. It is a nice hotel in a great location. We stayed there the night before our Conquest cruise last December and left the car parked there for the week. No complaints at all. I want to say we only paid about $129. I know their rates vary week to week, depending on what is going on in the city.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey...lovemytwinboys......we are cruising the same time you are!! I plan way ahead also. I am trying to find a hotel that is close to the port and also close to where we can see FQ....my kids have never been there and they would like to walk around Saturday night.

Have you found anything?

Archived