someone told the brand ambassador the entree portions were too large?

H82seaUgo

are they kidding?

since at least the mid 90's, i've been ordering two entrees every night since they started cutting the portions. Aand then they even cut the amount of courses.

my complaint is there is more plate these days than food! so they fill it up with those silly decorations and swirls.

he's even asked for feedback on his facebook page.

As many have posted here, order more if the portions are too small for you.

I like ordering multiple apps and main courses.

(Now you are at 9955? Hmm. I take back my congratulations.;))

I just sat with a lady on Magic last week who ordered almost everything on the menu. Some things like the pumpkin dish, she took a bite or two of and thats it..

if people want to try multiple entrees, I think its smarter to cut down the size and let people order two if they want.

She would order 4 appetizers, and 3 entrees almost every night.. was a long meal .. everyone else at my table asked to be moved.

Oh and 3 desserts to sample was normal.

Some people want to try everything if they have not cruised in a while.

I take it she did not order the dishes at the same time? If entrees were ordered together it should not have taken so long.

The issue of ordering more food if still hungry is only a problem for those with fixed dining times. Not really an issue with My Time Dining.

The portions are too big and too much food is still wasted. For those with large appetites, order more.

...or, since so many say the tables are too close together people can do what my DH does at home. Just lean over and say "Are you gonna finish that?".

As many have posted here, order more if the portions are too small for you.

I like ordering multiple apps and main courses.

(Now you are at 9955? Hmm. I take back my congratulations.;))

I take it she did not order the dishes at the same time? If entrees were ordered together it should not have taken so long.

The issue of ordering more food if still hungry is only a problem for those with fixed dining times. Not really an issue with My Time Dining.

And people complain about slow service. This is one reason, catering to a few people while the rest wait!

I think the meal sizes are inconsistent.

Some are smaller portions while some are very large.

Every pasta serving I had (including when ordered as an appetizer) was too large as far as I was concerned but a lot of the seafood dishes were small portions (tiger shrimps and some of the fish).

I would love to see sampler plates (say, select 3 items and receive a smaller portion of each).

I regularly order a few dishes to try - I feel bad about wasting food but I'm not going to eat potatoes I don't want or finish something that I didn't enjoy.

And people complain about slow service. This is one reason, catering to a few people while the rest wait!

Yup. I'm laughing at the suggestions to order two meals.

You think service is slow now?

I'm confused about these comments. Who is waiting if you are eating MTD? The others in your group?

Secondly, you are "laughing at the suggestions to order two meals". Do you think this is uncommon? Seriously?

I did say "I take it she did not order the dishes at the same time? If entrees were ordered together it should not have taken so long."

...or, since so many say the tables are too close together people can do what my DH does at home. Just lean over and say "Are you gonna finish that?".

DS and DH don't even ask....they know I never finish half my food so if they see something they want it just disappears from my plate and reappears on theirs:eek:.

I'm confused about these comments. Who is waiting if you are eating MTD? The others in your group?

Secondly, you are "laughing at the suggestions to order two meals". Do you think this is uncommon? Seriously?

I did say "I take it she did not order the dishes at the same time? If entrees were ordered together it should not have taken so long."

There's more in the DR than one table:eek: For those ordering multiple multiples, the waiter can't just pull the meal out of the air. He too needs to get the order, order it, go get it, deliver it, then check and see if it's okay with a patron. Not exactly like serving one dish and move onto the next table. Nothing confusing about that slowing service for another table.

There's more in the DR than one table:eek: For those ordering multiple multiples, the waiter can't just pull the meal out of the air. He too needs to get the order, order it, go get it, deliver it, then check and see if it's okay with a patron. Not exactly like serving one dish and move onto the next table. Nothing confusing about that slowing service for another table.

I don't think it's as confusing as you want to make it. The meals are made up and ready to go. They are not made to order. We rarely order a second entree....but we have had more than one waiter bring us a second entree if it looked like we weren't enjoying what we ordered or he thought we should really try something else...sometimes without us even asking for it. I always have to convince them not to bring me another entree because I always just eat 1/2 my entree. It takes them a couple days to realize that it is not because I don't like the food. If it was really such a pain, they wouldn't be so willing to do this for us when we don't even ask for it.

I don't think it's as confusing as you want to make it. The meals are made up and ready to go. They are not made to order. We rarely order a second entree....but we have had more than one waiter bring us a second entree if it looked like we weren't enjoying what we ordered or he thought we should really try something else...sometimes without us even asking for it. I always have to convince them not to bring me another entree because I always just eat 1/2 my entree. It takes them a couple days to realize that it is not because I don't like the food. If it was really such a pain, they wouldn't be so willing to do this for us when we don't even ask for it.

I'm not confused, the other poster is. My explanation is clear, the more trips a server makes to tables the more time is taken for the next table.

I'm not confused, the other poster is. My explanation is clear, the more trips a server makes to tables the more time is taken for the next table.

I kind of think it is a given and planned on that some people will order muliples. People have been doing it for years, plus some waiters that we have come across encourage it. I really don't think it is time taken from another table but time planned on for that table :rolleyes:.

I kind of think it is a given and planned on that some people will order muliples. People have been doing it for years, plus some waiters that we have come across encourage it. I really don't think it is time taken from another table but time planned on for that table :rolleyes:.

Then, why so many complaints about slow service and overworked waiters?

Because CCL cut the staff too deeply. Just a guess.

Don't know as I have not experienced that myself....

We definitely experienced slow service last week on Liberty and it was clear that the MDR staff was overworked. Looked like they had at least three and maybe four 8-person tables to handle.

Ours was always the last table in our area to be canvassed for orders, the last to receive starters and entrees, and on the first night they brought our desserts out at just after 8pm...with second-seating beginning at 8:15. :eek:

Drink service was abysmal, with one harried (and to one person at our table, confrontational) drink lady handling a bunch of tables.

Even the longtime Carnival cruiser at our table (Platinum) quit trying to defend the line by the fifth day. The next night one of our tablemates had an issue with his entree and the table waiter never inquired about his untouched plate. One lady at our table got a cold baked potato -- not lukewarm, not ambient temperature, but cold. It was their 50th cruise (65th wedding anniversary) and they said this would be their last cruise. Who can blame them?

We definitely experienced slow service last week on Liberty and it was clear that the MDR staff was overworked. Looked like they had at least three and maybe four 8-person tables to handle.

Ours was always the last table in our area to be canvassed for orders, the last to receive starters and entrees, and on the first night they brought our desserts out at just after 8pm...with second-seating beginning at 8:15. :eek:

Drink service was abysmal, with one harried (and to one person at our table, confrontational) drink lady handling a bunch of tables.

Even the longtime Carnival cruiser at our table (Platinum) quit trying to defend the line by the fifth day. The next night one of our tablemates had an issue with his entree and the table waiter never inquired about his untouched plate. One lady at our table got a cold baked potato -- not lukewarm, not ambient temperature, but cold. It was their 50th cruise (65th wedding anniversary) and they said this would be their last cruise. Who can blame them?

My worst was on Liberty too, table really wasn't far from their meal pick up point, but we kept being being put on the back burner. the servers, drink servers were always there at the next table chatting or running back and forth getting things for them. He kept getting caught by things other tables requested too while we just sat there...waiting.

I'll agree the number of servers has been cut back, but the point I keep making, and no one listens has to do with server interruptions causing some tables to get excellent service while another table waits.

Archived