How long is the Visa for Brazil valid?

crowpro

We have a Visa for Brazil we used on a cruise in 2011. We are going back to Brazil on a cruise in 2013. I have looked at the visa and it does not expire for ten years from date of issue. Can I assume it is still valid for the cruise? Does anyone have info on the Visa for Brazil?

We have a Visa for Brazil we used on a cruise in 2011. We are going back to Brazil on a cruise in 2013. I have looked at the visa and it does not expire for ten years from date of issue. Can I assume it is still valid for the cruise? Does anyone have info on the Visa for Brazil?

Yes it should be still valid. Since 2010 they have been issuing them for 10 years -- prior to that it was 5 years.

When we got the visa in 2009 here in Toronto, it was no problem at all, and the people were nice. Go figure.

Is it true they've dropped the requirement that you have to enter Brazil within a certain very short timeframe after the visa is issued?

Guess we got to get back to Rio before 2014!

Oh, and if your passport expires during the visa, just keep it and bring it along.

I live in the USA and am a citizen. We got the Visa through a service in March 2011 for a cruise that stopped in Brazil. I will assume it is still valid from the expiration date on the visa(10 years).

Thanks for the info.

You should be fine. Even if your passport should expire, the visa would still be valid for the 10 years. You would have to carry both the valid and expired passport. I'll be using mine for the third, and in 2013 a fourth time.

Sitraveler has the best advice - look at the visa. If your passport has expired but not the visa, bring both passports. The expiration date of visas depends on when it was issued and which country issued your passport. Americans and Canadians, for example, get different validity dates.

When we got the visa in 2009 here in Toronto, it was no problem at all, and the people were nice. Go figure.

Is it true they've dropped the requirement that you have to enter Brazil within a certain very short timeframe after the visa is issued?

Guess we got to get back to Rio before 2014!

Oh, and if your passport expires during the visa, just keep it and bring it along.

We picked up our visas in Toronto, Nov 2011, and found them to be very efficient and helpful, if not smiling.

We were told that we could make the first visit to Brazil any time within the 5 year period, so we applied 3 months in advance. No way was I going to leave something so important until the last minute. One lady on our cruise was incredibly stressed because she applied only one month before we left and didn't receive her visa until her bags were packed and she was ready to head out the door.

The Brazilian Embassy tells you to allow one month. I would allow a little more, to be on the safe side. If they are good for 5 or 10 years, why wait until the last minute?

It is valid for 10years. We sent all the forms in and have been waiting for over 2 weeks to get our new visas.

~Doris~>Who is stessed because we leave on the 19th and need our passports.

No longer stressed. The visas came yesterday.

~Doris~

Archived