Ladies....Hair Salon question

paganwoman

Just thought I would add my 2 cents...as a stylist (35 years) my best advice is to get your formula from your colorist. A good colorist will be able to convert your formula to the product that they use. When making your appt. stress you would like a stylist with good color experience.

As to taking your product with you...I would not do it. You might be disappointed and find out that they will not use your product. I will not go into all the reasons why but formulation is key in hair color. It is a chemical remember. ratios of color and developer etc.

I have never had the pleasure of cruising long enough to need a TU but would have confidence after a consulation with a stylist to let them do their job.

Enjoy your cruise..I like the idea of taking your stylist with you. Many of my clients have said the same..I'm waiting :)

Happy to share - yes, it definitely lasts as long and actually is more resistant to the sun (I do a lot of gardening). Trust me - I am soooooooooo grey in too many places and it covers. cost wise = here in Atlantic Canada - it is about $5 more than regular hair colouring - at least with my hairdresser. It doesn't sting:) It doesn't hurt :) I absolutely love the product:):D

Hi! :) Was wondering if you knew the brand name of the product?

Hi! :) Was wondering if you knew the brand name of the product?

I should - but it has gone out of my head:) I will check with my hair person though if you like and confirm for you. It is far superior to the amonia/other alternatives IMO. I believe she is in the only hair dresser in our area using it.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents...as a stylist (35 years) my best advice is to get your formula from your colorist. A good colorist will be able to convert your formula to the product that they use. When making your appt. stress you would like a stylist with good color experience.

As to taking your product with you...I would not do it. You might be disappointed and find out that they will not use your product. I will not go into all the reasons why but formulation is key in hair color. It is a chemical remember. ratios of color and developer etc.

I have never had the pleasure of cruising long enough to need a TU but would have confidence after a consulation with a stylist to let them do their job.

Enjoy your cruise..I like the idea of taking your stylist with you. Many of my clients have said the same..I'm waiting :)

Seriously? I'll have to talk to my hair stylist - she has been doing this for a number of clients :confused::confused: I really don't want to use the regular standard colour stuff as my scalp is very sensitive and it is very bothersome. Not good news - but thanks for the warning - guess I will do both - or apply the colour myself and get permission to use their hair dryer (it has to go under the dryer for 10 minutes to soften the cuticle) and pay for them to cut and style and whatever else? Really appreciate the heads up:) I don't believe there is any developer with this product but again i will check - thanks again:D

edited to say - apologies for to the op for another thead drift

Just wanted to share a product that I use to cover my gray roots between colorings (single process), which you paint on the roots. The one I use has a mascara-like wand and comes in 8 colors, including an auburn which may work for the lady with the lovely red hair who had posted. I bought it at CVS Pharmacy here in PA. The only caveat is that it is not waterproof, so cover your head in a downpour, but light rain no problem :)

http://www.beauty.com/cover-your-gray-brush-in-wand-black/qxp328230?catid=141544

Here's another brand I found but had not tried, has a brush tip

http://www.beauty.com/products/prod.asp?pid=214122&catid=141544&cmbProdBrandFilter=52451&mp=True

I should - but it has gone out of my head:) I will check with my hair person though if you like and confirm for you. It is far superior to the ammonia/other alternatives IMO. I believe she is in the only hair dresser in our area using it.

That would be great if it's not inconvenient for you :)

I currently use a relatively new oil based color system that is called INOA by L'Oreal, only some salons are trained to use it, the color is great and keeps the hair in terrific condition as has no ammonia, been using it for 2 years and love it, I have a sensitive scalp as well....

http://www.lorealprofessionnel.com/inoa/_en/_au/#/page=dispatch

I was on the Ryndam in August and had been so busy pre-cruise that I hadn't had my hair colored in several months, so I needed much more than a "touch up." First thing I did upon boarding was head up to the salon to make an appointment.

My final statement lists the total cost as $211 including a generous tip, but I can't recall the exact breakdown. That total cost was a little less than what I have paid when in suburban Seattle, considerably more than when I have it done in rural North Carolina.

My hair was well below shoulder length then (I had it cut & styled to where it belongs at the shoulders) and required an overall golden-brown coloring then highlights in 2 - 3 different shades. She also did a conditioning treatment as well as the cut, color and highlights. I was very pleased with the results.

I chatted with my stylist a bit about her training and how one hires on with Steiner. She was from Wales and had her full training there, then was required to have (IIRC) 3 years of active salon work experience before joining Steiner.

That would be great if it's not inconvenient for you :)

I currently use a relatively new oil based color system that is called INOA by L'Oreal, only some salons are trained to use it, the color is great and keeps the hair in terrific condition as has no ammonia, been using it for 2 years and love it, I have a sensitive scalp as well....

http://www.lorealprofessionnel.com/inoa/_en/_au/#/page=dispatch

The name of the product is Organics - it is manufactured in England and they haved a warehouse in Toronto (I'm in Canada). Interestingly enough when I called my hairdresser to ask she tells me that this is the product that Kate uses (Prince William's wife):)

The name of the product is Organics - it is manufactured in England and they have a warehouse in Toronto (I'm in Canada). Interestingly enough when I called my hairdresser to ask she tells me that this is the product that Kate uses (Prince William's wife):)

Fantastic :)

If works for you and Kate, that's good enough for me! :D As I have gotten older I have become more sensitive to chemicals and try to to do the least toxic thing when possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to find out, also for being such a great and reliable source on this board! ;)

To the OP: Double extra sorry for the thread drift!! :p

Fantastic :)

If works for you and Kate, that's good enough for me! :D As I have gotten older I have become more sensitive to chemicals and try to to do the least toxic thing when possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to find out, also for being such a great and reliable source on this board! ;)

To the OP: Double extra sorry for the thread drift!! :p

You are welcome - glad I could help!

I finally found their website - it only says Organic there - but feel free to check it out in case your hair dresser needs it http://www.organiccolorsystems.com/salon-products/organic-color-systems/

and a triple apology for the thread drift.

:o

Archived