Very Impressed with FDR!

Solon

Some of you may have followed my other thread yesterday "Very Disappointed with FDR". Well, that has now changed to this thread and I am indeed extremely impressed. Firstly, I decided to upgrade to a penthouse that became available and contacted my TA who took my money. This was not a discounted price. Then two weeks later as I still had no word about my upgrade. Phoned my TA who apologised and said there was a system error and I would not get the upgrade as the ship was now full! She did refund my credit card though at that time. Never the less, I was gutted and disappointed and wrote about my experience on this forum. Well, the support from you was unbelievable and much appreciated. J&S even made a call on my behalf and others were making useful suggestions. Anyway, I wrote two emails one to my TA and one to Oceania. As I live in London, I didn't expect a reply that evening, but I did phone Oceania in Miami who were still open. Firstly, I was really impressed that my call to Oceania was answered so quickly and I didn't have to listen to nasty music. Then, the representative in Miami was very professional and while sympathetic and supportive was not able to help me as I booked through a TA. Now what was really impressive was the Reservations Manager in Southamton emailed me a reply at 10:45pm! How impressive is that! Thank you very, very much Sarah. Anyway, the upshot was that I received a reply from my TA the following morning with apologies but no real explanation as to what went awry, but there was again a referal to that "system error". I really don't want to get into any blame game, and it is not my concern that a system error exists. But I wouldn't wish my experience on any one else. Particularly as this is a very important cruise us on this occasion. While I don't appreciate the business model of cruise companies and their relationship with TAs, I'll bet there is a wide margin of error particularly with regard to communications. Back to the story and Sarah arranged to phone me at a designated time which she did to get this sorted. I now have my penthouse! :D And how impressive is that! I hope they did not shove anyone overboard to free the cabin for us! I like to think that someone got a free upgrade to the OS which was still available! Lucky you, whoever you are. Finally, I must apologise profusely to FDR as I don't know what went wrong. But what I do know is how very impressed I am with him and his team. Customer service is first rate and I wish other companies could follow his example. So, well done FDR and Oceania. I now understand why another CCer said that Oceania would sort it. Obviously, they had faith in this company, and so do I. I am really very impressed and now looking forward to my first cruise with you. Other lessons I will take away with this experience is; why do I use a TA? Just habit, I suppose. But if I get this kind of service with Oceania, why bother with a middle man? Lastly, I never appreciated that Oceania actually reads these comments and acts on them. How impressive is that? Thank you all.

Some of you may have followed my other thread yesterday "Very Disappointed with FDR". Well, that has now changed to this thread and I am indeed extremely impressed. Firstly, I decided to upgrade to a penthouse that became available and contacted my TA who took my money. This was not a discounted price. Then two weeks later as I still had no word about my upgrade. Phoned my TA who apologised and said there was a system error and I would not get the upgrade as the ship was now full! She did refund my credit card though at that time. Never the less, I was gutted and disappointed and wrote about my experience on this forum. Well, the support from you was unbelievable and much appreciated. J&S even made a call on my behalf and others were making useful suggestions. Anyway, I wrote two emails one to my TA and one to Oceania. As I live in London, I didn't expect a reply that evening, but I did phone Oceania in Miami who were still open. Firstly, I was really impressed that my call to Oceania was answered so quickly and I didn't have to listen to nasty music. Then, the representative in Miami was very professional and while sympathetic and supportive was not able to help me as I booked through a TA. Now what was really impressive was the Reservations Manager in Southamton emailed me a reply at 10:45pm! How impressive is that! Thank you very, very much Sarah. Anyway, the upshot was that I received a reply from my TA the following morning with apologies but no real explanation as to what went awry, but there was again a referal to that "system error". I really don't want to get into any blame game, and it is not my concern that a system error exists. But I wouldn't wish my experience on any one else. Particularly as this is a very important cruise us on this occasion. While I don't appreciate the business model of cruise companies and their relationship with TAs, I'll bet there is a wide margin of error particularly with regard to communications. Back to the story and Sarah arranged to phone me at a designated time which she did to get this sorted. I now have my penthouse! :D And how impressive is that! I hope they did not shove anyone overboard to free the cabin for us! I like to think that someone got a free upgrade to the OS which was still available! Lucky you, whoever you are. Finally, I must apologise profusely to FDR as I don't know what went wrong. But what I do know is how very impressed I am with him and his team. Customer service is first rate and I wish other companies could follow his example. So, well done FDR and Oceania. I now understand why another CCer said that Oceania would sort it. Obviously, they had faith in this company, and so do I. I am really very impressed and now looking forward to my first cruise with you. Other lessons I will take away with this experience is; why do I use a TA? Just habit, I suppose. But if I get this kind of service with Oceania, why bother with a middle man? Lastly, I never appreciated that Oceania actually reads these comments and acts on them. How impressive is that? Thank you all.

I am glad that you got your problem straightened out, and I feel that you will have a great time on your Oceania cruise. I travel on both Oceania and Crystal. I use a travel agent or agency. The ONLY reason I use a travel agency, is because they will give MORE onboard credits than either Oceania and or Crystal will give if you book directly with Crystal and or Oceania. I assume that that is because they would rather that you book through a travel agency, than booking directly with them. I don't know why that is. Maybe Oceania and Crystal would rather deal with a travel agent or travel agency rather than dealing with an individual. However, if I have any questions or concerns, I contact Oceania or Crystal directly, and do what they say.

Glad things worked out for you, Solon. CC'ers and regular O passengers knew you would be accommodated, if there was any possible way.

However, there are definite advantages to using a GOOD TA. A TA is there not only to assist you in finding and booking a cruise, of course, but also to stand in to assist you with other plans during your vacation, and most importantly they're there if something really nasty happens, like a missed flight along the way, assistance if illness ends your cruise, etc. TA's also sometimes/often offer perks which O does not, like onboard credit, prepaid gratuities, etc. When you're aboard your cruise talk to others who are happy with their TA's and get references.

Enjoy your cruise. You'll LOVE the PH suite!:)

Glad it all worked out

Do not tar all TA's with the same brush though ;)

Your report would have been easier to read if you hit the enter key once in a while :D

I know some people that talk like that & never take a breath ;)

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Thank you all for your good wishes. It is great to have a happy outcome. I am now really looking forward to this cruise. I have confidence that Oceania will give me a great cruise based on how they have treated me on land. I feel on the verge of a long relationship with this cruise line. ;) And I am also very impressed with the help and support that you receive with the CCers on the Oceania forum. Thanks. Lyn, I will learn to poke the return key from time to time.:rolleyes:

Thank you all for your good wishes. It is great to have a happy outcome. I am now really looking forward to this cruise. I have confidence that Oceania will give me a great cruise based on how they have treated me on land. I feel on the verge of a long relationship with this cruise line. ;) And I am also very impressed with the help and support that you receive with the CCers on the Oceania forum. Thanks. Lyn, I will learn to poke the return key from time to time.:rolleyes:

So glad that it all worked out :D

You're going to love love love that Penthouse! They are spectacular-

Oceania-Cruises-Penthouse.jpg

Oh, and one quiet morning when you're having a nice lie-in,

DO order the baby lamb chops with your breakfast, and think of us!

fw200703_lambChops.jpg Exquisite!

Oh, I hope I didn't make a mistake. We so loved the PH last time we sailed Marina. We booked a B3 this time because its a 5-day longer cruise, and we thought we could enjoy the cost difference in the bar tab.

Oh, I hope I didn't make a mistake. We so loved the PH last time we sailed Marina. We booked a B3 this time because its a 5-day longer cruise, and we thought we could enjoy the cost difference in the bar tab.

Veranda-Stateroom.jpg

The B3's are very nice, but if it were ME, I'd get back into the Penthouse.

Just a thought......By purchasing the Prestige Beverage Package, you'll be able to predict, or even prepay your bar bill. Is it possible that you could swing both?

Even better, Give up Starbucks for a month, your kidneys will thank you and you'll be swimming in cash! ;)

The B3's are very nice, but if it were ME, I'd get back into the Penthouse.

Just a thought......By purchasing the Prestige Beverage Package, you'll be able to predict, or even prepay your bar bill. Is it possible that you could swing both?

Even better, Give up Starbucks for a month, your kidneys will thank you and you'll be swimming in cash! ;)

We agree! Worst case, if we didn't save up for the aft PH1 (recently a PH3), then we will try to downgrade later... but I seriously doubt that!

Congratulations. I am sure FDR also read your Post. I have said this before, He and his cruise line are a class act, hard to follow. Have fun and get a new TA. :)

I agree it already looks a class act from my experience with them and I haven't even been on the ship yet! Was also very impressed with the cruise documents. Swish..and...Sophisticated

Oh and definitely looking for a new TA. Will see what offers are available during the cruise though for the next trip.

Oh, and one quiet morning when you're having a nice lie-in,

DO order the baby lamb chops with your breakfast, and think of us!

fw200703_lambChops.jpg Exquisite!

Yet again, Jim and Stan to the rescue....... Thank you so much. I know we will enjoy the upgrade and those lamb chops look great! By the way, these pictures look even better compared to your previous ones. What have you done?

I very nearly started a thread yesterday to ask for info on Marina rooms 8000 / 8001 (forward facing 'standard rooms'). My plan was to venture a gentle enquiry in the direction of the wonderful J&S as to whether they might just have a photograph......

But fortunately I remembered previous advice on these boards and did a quick search on the topic first. Sure enough there was already one and what do you know, J&S had previously posted a perfect photograph of said room balconies!

All we need now is gentle winds on the 2014 Lima - NYC trip. (We realise wind can be an issue up front) Now, is there anyone out there who can help fix that........?!

Archived