"One week sale"

Barrheadlass

Thanks...I was thinking the same.

I've got to start taking my own advice:D. I'm going to keep any eye out on my Oct.2013 cruise price. If it looks like they are going to keep playing this game I will probably cancel and rebook after final payment.

I would book now.

If the price drops you can always ask for the lower price.

As for air fare -- if you wait too long to book your cruise, you may find that there will be limited seats/flights and they could be higher as you approach your sail date.

Yes, airfare is a consideration for sure. HAL needs to change their pricing to stop punishing people that commit to them early.

Prices dropping isn't always the case. I booked a Panama Canal cruise a few months ago and got a good price. Since then, the prices have gone up. It is now after final payment, and the price is $300 per person higher than what I paid.

The same is true for the Caribbean cruise I booked--now $200 higher.

My advice is to book when you find a price you're willing to pay, then watch the prices closely, especially when a sale is advertised.

Prices dropping isn't always the case. I booked a Panama Canal cruise a few months ago and got a good price. Since then, the prices have gone up. It is now after final payment, and the price is $300 per person higher than what I paid.

The same is true for the Caribbean cruise I booked--now $200 higher...

I'm on the same cruise and prices, depending on category, have either stayed the same or gone down. I booked in May, there was a very small price drop of about $50 shortly after which I got, and the price hasn't changed since. Prices of several categories have gone down as much as several hundred dollars.

Archived