DD getting married harbourside...

abqmommyof4

I will be booking GTY's for the family just wondering how likely it is that we will be upgraded. plus I want all teh upgrades to go towards my daughters rooms ( ie if we get a suite I want them to have it) the wedding is in December of 2013

thanks

Being upgraded to a suite is pretty rare, and may depend on the type of GTYs you have.

Once the room assignments are made, if you want to swap rooms, wait until you get on the boat and let the pursers desk handle it.

Mazel tov to your daughter and to your family!:)

Upgrades within a category (inside to inside cabin, balcony to balcony, etc) happen fairly frequently, but upgrades to a different cabin type (inside to balcony, balcony to suite) are much more unusual. I don't want you to be disappointed if you are expecting someone to get an upgrade to a different cabin type. Upgrades of this sort do happen, but not often.

The main thing to remember about booking a guarantee is to make sure that you would be happy with the category cabin you have booked, knowing that you can get that cabin category or maybe higher within that cabin type. I think some travel agents give the idea that an upgrade to a more expensive higher cabin type (ie, outside to balcony or suite) happens more often then it actually does. I have read posts by people who booked a gty cabin that were expecting an upgrade to a higher category cabin type and were upset when it didn't happen.

Thought I recognized your call sign. We will be sailing together in December. Very big congrats for your daughter and her upcoming nuptials. Did you say Harbourside??? Sounds really cool. I think I remember you mentioning that your older daughter would not be able to make it, but your two sons would be present. Is that her? Hope you don't mind my being so nosy.

Our thread is rather quiet; I suppose with so many families, there isn't as much need for reaching out socially. come on over and post your news, I am certain our roll call would love to hear it. BTW: good luck with getting an upgrade.

Lisa

I will be booking GTY's for the family just wondering how likely it is that we will be upgraded. plus I want all teh upgrades to go towards my daughters rooms ( ie if we get a suite I want them to have it) the wedding is in December of 2013

thanks

yep same daughter, rooms are booked for next year, save the date magnets have been ordered.

cruise will be out of ft lauderdale....

looking forward to December really need this vacation. Its getting close to the one year mark of our loss of Emily. It will be good to have focus on something else

Archived