ISO 3*+ MIA Hotel Pre Cruise w/ cheap parking/shuttle

Funcouple

Mid 40's couple.

November Cruise leaving MIAMI. Need a hotel deal 3*+ with free parking ( or strong parking deal for 7nights during cruise ).

We also enjoy authentic cuban food. We've already done the south beach thing so don't need to go there again -- although we would if the deal was right.

Any thoughts?

Check www.parksleepfly.com or https://secure.stay123.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day :eek: for parking just about all of the hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways (to POM, sometimes; from POM back to the hotel, almost never) plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - with shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes. Have a good cruise! :)

Mid 40's couple.

November Cruise leaving MIAMI. Need a hotel deal 3*+ with free parking ( or strong parking deal for 7nights during cruise ).

We also enjoy authentic cuban food. We've already done the south beach thing so don't need to go there again -- although we would if the deal was right.

Any thoughts?

Check the Hyatt Place airport west. They have a cruise package and shuttle to the port included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I 2nd this hotel as we have stayed here last June and are going to stay here again in November. They are reasonably priced and offer parking for duration of cruise plus a free shutle to the pier. You will need to grab a cab back or sign up for a shuttle via the guy in the lobby on cruise morning. But I reccommend cab as you can come directly back instead of having to make other stops that the shuttle maks like the airport. Is this hotel a downtown upscale place no but it is a perfectly fine place to stay for a 1 night pre-cruise visit.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there anything interesting in this area for dinner? Attractions? Bar/Drinks?

Thanks!

I have not stayed there but have had it recommended to my dh and I by a family friend who cruised out of POM with his two children. He said they went to the front desk and aquired a stack of restaurant delivery menus. They just had pizza and subs delivered to the hotel and ate out by the pool. From what he said, there is a small gas station/convenience store within walking distance to grab pop & water.

We have friends that are on the Epic right now that just stayed there this past Friday with the park & cruise. I will ask her to come back and comment here when she returns.

There used to be a Bennigans in the parking lot of the hotel but I am not sure if it is still there. You may want to call the hotel direct and inquire.

**** Also check out the Sleep Inn & Suites Miami Airport. Their web site states that they have a free airport shuttle, free hot breakfast and can arrange shuttle service to the port. It appears that there may

be a small fee for it but if the hotel rate is good, it may all balance out. The Sleep Inn in FLL offers a parking pkg so you may want to call this one and inquire too. If you click on the Things to Do then on Restaurants and Lounges, it will bring up a list of what is located nearby the hotel......... Good luck. http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-miami_springs-florida-FL817

:)

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed here end of November

La Quinta Miami Airport EAST

Located at the very eastern end of the MIA runway

Next to Bennigans

Next to Embassy Suites

Next to Red Roof Inn

* Free Shuttle to Port of Miami

* Free Parking for 7 days

This is not a place that you will write home about although it was clean and comfy. The rooms are actually quite nice. The overall appearance of the hotel outside and public areas inside the hotel are just plain. No restaurant or bar in the hotel.

The area is a nothing area. this is just a place to park your car and sleep. Don't expect to walk around to pass the time. Bennigans is just accross the parking lot which you can walk.

Free breakfast is plentiful but simple. It was crowded and busy.

Dinner at Bennigans was ok -- it was as expected for a Bennigans. Bar was well stocked. Watch as they add the tip onto the check. no need to add another tip.

Shuttle to Port of Miami was on time (must check in for shuttle night before)

Return to Hotel after cruise we used a cab (approx $26 plus tip, approx 15-20 minutes)

Free parking (park anywhere on the property, must check in at front desk)

We would stay here again for the same purpose.

Is there anything interesting in this area for dinner? Attractions? Bar/Drinks?

Thanks!

The La Quinta East is isolated - no dining or bar options nearby except for the dining room at the Embassy Suites (where your dinner bill will likely match your La Quinta room rate! :eek:).

Good luck! :)

Archived