Deck Chairs?

kmks1

I've made up these little notices to put on the lounge chair if I have to leave it for a minute or two. If anyone wants a copy to print off for themselves, let me know.
Let's hope no one checks one of the first two boxes and the last box at the same time.

Say Derf,

We don't want personalized embossed chairs...then they'd have to charge you.

Can you see it now, all deckhands running around affixing scanning codes to individual deckchairs. If you wanted it moved you'd have to get a deckhand to move it for you as you wouldn't be allowed to do it yourself. The deckhand would come along with his code scanner and ....ZZZZAAAAPPPPP!!!! there you go another $3.50 added to your stateroom bill for each time they moved your chair. On a 17 day cruise my stateroom bill would then be big enough to start a campfire.

Ciao for now!!!

What's the protocol? Go to pool, all chairs occupied by humans or towels. Pick out one chair with towels, start the clock, and 30 minutes later it's ok to dump the towels and it's yours? :confused:

What's the protocol? Go to pool, all chairs occupied by humans or towels. Pick out one chair with towels, start the clock, and 30 minutes later it's ok to dump the towels and it's yours? :confused:

If there's a towel on the chair, and they're not back in 30 minutes, take the towel, dip it in the pool, clean the deck around the chair, and put the towel back on the chair.

A chair "Hawk" is someone who sits a chair, while a chair "Hog" is someone who does not sit in a chair.

A chair must first be "Hogged" by some one who does not sit in the chair before the person who does sit in that chair can be considered a chair "Hawk."

A "Hawked" chair might also change into a "Hogged" chair if the former "Hawk," turned "Hog" goes for a hot dog.

I think I like the idea of bringing one's own chair, but then that might lead to "Deck Space Hogs" and "Deck Space Hawks."

A chair "Hawk" is someone who sits a chair, while a chair "Hog" is someone who does not sit in a chair.

A chair must first be "Hogged" by some one who does not sit in the chair before the person who does sit in that chair can be considered a chair "Hawk."

A "Hawked" chair might also change into a "Hogged" chair if the former "Hawk," turned "Hog" goes for a hot dog.

I think I like the idea of bringing one's own chair, but then that might lead to "Deck Space Hogs" and "Deck Space Hawks."

What a scream!!! Excellent summary!! :D

I think it is an awesome idea ! I'll be sure to see if you get any reply.

Keep us posted!![/QUOte

Found it!! let me know if you would like the information....the product is aptly named 'Empty Chair"...

Derf,

Shame on you you old seadog you've not been reading all the threads. There is one on this subject and if you get a chance the responses are quite original.

Air Force Captain plus my first name equals the title of a seabound movie (Captain Ron), and I like cruising. The "Ciao for now" thing I picked up from a maitre'd I met on the Paradise a few years ago and I've used it since. Have a great weekend. Cheers and...you guessed it...

Ciao for now!!!

Say Derf,

We don't want personalized embossed chairs...then they'd have to charge you.

Can you see it now, all deckhands running around affixing scanning codes to individual deckchairs. If you wanted it moved you'd have to get a deckhand to move it for you as you wouldn't be allowed to do it yourself. The deckhand would come along with his code scanner and ....ZZZZAAAAPPPPP!!!! there you go another $3.50 added to your stateroom bill for each time they moved your chair. On a 17 day cruise my stateroom bill would then be big enough to start a campfire.

Ciao for now!!!

On our first cruise on the Home Lines' Oceanic, each passenger did have assigned deck chairs. The chairs were numbered and the deck hands had lists of passenger names and numbers.

DH didn't like where our deck chairs were, so he slipped the man with the list $20 and viola! our chairs (the ones with the numbers assigned to us) were indeed moved! Of course, no where near the pool, but we did now have an ocean view ;).

The deck chairs were much nicer than the ones Princess has on most of their decks. They were similar to the chairs on Promenade Deck.

When I was on a cruise this past summer, I returned from my merry little swim in the pool to have found that someone actually took my stuff off of my chair and put it into a puddle on the deck.

I was so shocked and furious that someone would do something like that.

I joined the boards a few weeks ago and now I discover that there is a whole sub-culture of people who do things like this.

Fascinating........

When I was on a cruise this past summer, I returned from my merry little swim in the pool to have found that someone actually took my stuff off of my chair and put it into a puddle on the deck.

I was so shocked and furious that someone would do something like that.

I joined the boards a few weeks ago and now I discover that there is a whole sub-culture of people who do things like this.

Fascinating........

Yes, and they have names too. You were assumed to be a "hog" and your stuff was moved to the deck and chair taken over by a "hawk."

Cruise ships should hand you a deck chair as one embarks. Yours to keep while on the cruise. It should also have your name embosed on it. The crew will be more than happy to lug your chair where you want if.
LOL:)))))sounds like something id say derf,way to funny rofl:)))):p

Archived