6'2" on sofa bed?

Colorado Kat

There will be 4 of us in an ocean-view room. My tiny 20 year old daughter will take the upper bunk. Can a 6'2" male fit on the sofa sleeper?

Since I'm the one actually paying for the trip, I really want one of the twin beds.

Click on this and scroll down to the bottom. All of the measurements are listed.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DE_StateroomAmenities.htm

There will be 4 of us in an ocean-view room. My tiny 20 year old daughter will take the upper bunk. Can a 6'2" male fit on the sofa sleeper?

Since I'm the one actually paying for the trip, I really want one of the twin beds.

On the Dream in June, our 6'4" son fit on the sofa bed just fine. a tight fit, but it worked...Have fun!!

This is why we started getting 2 rooms when the kids moved into their teens. DS(18) is 6'8" and DD(15) is 6'. It is so much nicer for them to have their own actual beds and bathroom plus the privacy is nice too. I find the extra cost is usually not that much more for the extra space we get.

why not let the tiny 20 year old sleep on the sofa and the male take the upper bed.

my sons fit very comfortable on the upper bed. they are 6"2 too (it holds up to 250 pounds. on the convertible sofa they hung off the end a few inches

the sofa bed is the same size as a regular sofa

the sofa bed is the same size as a regular sofa

No, it isn't. Look at the photo above. A twin mattress is placed on top of the sofa base. A standard sofa is 20" to 24" deep. A twin bed is close to double that deep. And the length of the converted sofa bed is identical to a twin bed, since a twin mattress is placed on top of it.

No, it isn't. Look at the photo above. A twin mattress is placed on top of the sofa base. A standard sofa is 20" to 24" deep. A twin bed is close to double that deep. And the length of the converted sofa bed is identical to a twin bed, since a twin mattress is placed on top of it.

they do not put a mattress on top of the sofa base.

Or they have never did that for our uses.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2105752240062714675hYynqt

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2767579440087173419UVRBij

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2279634180105428370shQKdx

they do not put a mattress on top of the sofa base.

Or they have never did that for our uses.

I apologize. Obviously the sofa bed that our cabin had on the Dream last week was quite a step up from some of the ones that your family has had. I just assumed the sofa beds were all the same, but apparently some are much more "bed-like" than others.

WOW!!!! That looks really uncomfortable.

My three sisters and I shared a balcony room on the Victory. We made the baby, 25, sleep on the top and the oldest, me, slept on the sofa. Neither mattress looked like that or else I wouldn't have gotten any sleep. Ours were real mattresses and the were so soft it was like being on a giant pillow. I wish my bed at home was as comfy.

I apologize. Obviously the sofa bed that our cabin had on the Dream last week was quite a step up from some of the ones that your family has had. I just assumed the sofa beds were all the same, but apparently some are much more "bed-like" than others.

maybe because the dream is very new compared to the older ships have the orange pleather sofa.

Convertible sofa beds were not that bad though-- guess after a day of "cruisin" we can sleep on rocks.

to Wildgrits== are you sure that on the Victory it has a mattress placed on there? Coz we didn not.

Where would they store all those mattresses for the sofa?

The middle photo above is the Legend.

Actually when we were on the Victory, it didn't feel like a mattress placed ontop of the sofa. When you laid in it it you could feel some sort of metal frame at the head. I never saw the sofa without it on so I just assumed the sofa came apart and the mattress was in it somehow. We were on deck 6.

I'm sure it was the Victory because I have only been on two cruises. The Victory and the Legend.

Archived