Self-Service Laundry on Celebrity Ships

Allis154

What do you think of Self-Service Laundry on Celebrity Ships?  

411 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Self-Service Laundry on Celebrity Ships?

• Would LOVE a self-service laundry! Would use it all the time!
    • Having the option of a self-service laundry would be great!
    • Doesn't matter to me if there is a self-service laundry.
    • NO WAY! NO HOW! I would RIOT if there was EVER a self-service laundry on a Celebrity Ship!

[quote name='Aussie Claire']Wel,l now you have!!!

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vUdAA51uVlg/UHtOPcjULUI/AAAAAAAAB70/yBWxtaRpans/s512/306e.JPG[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Is this your stateroom?

Still, it might happen, but I have never seen it, not read any complaints about it on this forum. Unlike one budget cruise line I won't name which was docked next to us at an eastern Caribbean port with almost a dozen balconies sporting what must have been their occupant's national "underwear" flags. :D

[quote name='boogs']Is this your stateroom?

Still, it might happen, but I have never seen it, not read any complaints about it on this forum. Unlike one budget cruise line I won't name which was docked next to us at an eastern Caribbean port with almost a dozen balconies sporting what must have been their occupant's national "underwear" flags. :D[/quote]

Yes it was my stateroom, a hump cabin in CC class.

I suggest you "look up" when you are returning to the ship next time. I would hate to see a Celebrity ship or any ship for that matter turn into a huge clothes line.

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vUdAA51uVlg/UHtOPcjULUI/AAAAAAAAB70/yBWxtaRpans/s512/306e.JPG[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone else could see it either since you seem to have been out to sea.

[quote name='Allis154']Given the heated discussion on self-service laundry, I thought a poll would be interesting (and was the subject of the original post).

So, here are the questions:

1. Would LOVE a self-service laundry! Would use it all the time!
2. Having the option of a self-service laundry would be great!
3. Doesn't matter to me if there is a self-service laundry
4. NO WAY! NO HOW! I would RIOT if there was EVER a self-service laundry on a Celebrity Ship!

Please, keep from flaming and insulting anybody who posts or votes![/QUOTE]

I hate doing my shorts in the sink. Bring on the self seve laundry!!

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vUdAA51uVlg/UHtOPcjULUI/AAAAAAAAB70/yBWxtaRpans/s512/306e.JPG[/IMG][/quote]

I have never seen this kind of display on a Celebrity ship, but I have seen it from time to time when we have been docked across from ships of other cruise lines.

Not so classy, IMHO.

[quote name='Waterlily777']I have never seen this kind of display on a Celebrity ship, but I have seen it from time to time when we have been docked across from ships of other cruise lines.

Not so classy, IMHO.[/quote]

I agree, not classy at all, but necessary if no self service laundry is offered.:(

[quote name='Aussie Claire']I agree, not classy at all, but necessary if no self service laundry is offered.:([/QUOTE]

No, not necessary. You have the option of what most everyone else does - using the laundry services, and yes we all know the cost.

By the way, running a poll that offers four options to be added, and self-serve laundy is third and hasn't reached 20%. I would suggest you either rethink this Line or work in your vacation costs a few bags of laundry.

Just a suggestion. Enjoy your cruising.

Den

[quote name='Aussie Claire']I agree, not classy at all, but necessary if no self service laundry is offered.:([/QUOTE]I'd rather have your laundry thus displayed than have to hear the word "classy" bandied about.

As soon as someone utters "classy" or "ritzy," I then know that neither adjective would likely apply to the user. It is fine to think something as having class (or being classless), but those aren't words that should be uttered in polite society.:cool:

Andrew

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I just stopped by this thread to see if any proponents of Celebrity adding laundry rooms had added anything new. No.......................nothing new, just the same old demands. Repeated over and over and over.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Have you folks who want self serve laundry facilities considered perhaps the way to get Celebrity to add laundry rooms, is not to sail their ships again until your requirements for self serve laundry facilities are added.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]That's the only way I know of to show them you mean business, after all Money Talks.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]It just doesn't seem that your getting much traction by complaining on a public internet forum. (Other than of course the entertainment value) [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Denny01']No, not necessary. You have the option of what most everyone else does - using the laundry services, and yes we all know the cost.

By the way, running a poll that offers four options to be added, and self-serve laundy is third and hasn't reached 20%. I would suggest you either rethink this Line or work in your vacation costs a few bags of laundry.

Just a suggestion. Enjoy your cruising.

Den[/quote]

Pitting laundry facilities against food and free soft drink isn't really a genuine Poll, now is it?:rolleyes:

This thread is a Poll on Laundry facilities and the consensus is, people want the facility.

[quote name='boogs']True that. I've never seen it either, and never read any complaints about it until now. Seems that the only person making such a claim is one of the laundry room pushers. Smells like a fabricated claim to me.[/quote]

I have seen it mentioned on these very boards that people have had their own underwear blow on to another's balcony. And on my recent Silhouette cruise I must certainly DID see laundry hanging on balconies. If YOU haven't seen it, it doesn't mean I haven't. It is one my irritations so perhaps that is why I have seen it.

For that matter I also think it is tacky to hang underwear in the bathroom. Can't be very pleasant for the cabin stewards to see... but I suppose none of you have stopped to think about that.

[quote name='Aussie Claire']Pitting laundry facilities against food and free soft drink isn't really a genuine Poll, now is it?:rolleyes:

This thread is a Poll on Laundry facilities and the consensus is, people want the facility.[/quote]

I agree. Seems there are some out there who are the proverbial "sour grapes" about the outcome.

Why would anyone care what this little poll showed. When they agree that they will be adding laundries we might have something to talk about. Until then, I doubt that anyone will even think about it any more. Of course you can continue the discussion....enjoy.

[quote name='Aussie Claire']Pitting laundry facilities against food and free soft drink isn't really a genuine Poll, now is it?:rolleyes:

This thread is a Poll on Laundry facilities and the consensus is, people want the facility.[/QUOTE]

It is quite amusing that some of you actually think this one sided poll actually means anything other than desperation from a few people. It is cute, in a juvenile kind of way, actually. I guess sometimes people have to believe in fantasy to make themselves feel as if they have some control over their lives. So be it. If you want to continue believing this meaningless poll will have any bearing on what Celebrity might do in the future, you are naive and bound for disappointment. If Celebrity would ever take the time to consider this poll, they will instantly see how ridiculous the choices are, and how utterly without merit the results are.

So go ahead. Push this poll onto Celebrity and show them another very good reason why they should simply ignore the "winning" choice. Any intelligent CEO would simply shake his/her head and quickly go on to important matters.

The saddest thing about this poll is how many of you actually think you are making a difference. Having operated a large and successful company for many years, I can say with certainty that it will have absolutely no effect on upper management's decision making process on the subject. A good management team will easily recognize nonsense when the see it.

[quote name='Ma Bell']Why would anyone care what this little poll showed. When they agree that they will be adding laundries we might have something to talk about. Until then, I doubt that anyone will even think about it any more. Of course you can continue the discussion....enjoy.[/quote]

Ma Bell, your contribution is continuing this discussion.:)

[quote name='swsfrail']It is quite amusing that some of you actually think this one sided poll actually means anything other than desperation from a few people. It is cute, in a juvenile kind of way, actually. I guess sometimes people have to believe in fantasy to make themselves feel as if they have some control over their lives. So be it. If you want to continue believing this meaningless poll will have any bearing on what Celebrity might do in the future, you are naive and bound for disappointment. If Celebrity would ever take the time to consider this poll, they will instantly see how ridiculous the choices are, and how utterly without merit the results are.

So go ahead. Push this poll onto Celebrity and show them another very good reason why they should simply ignore the "winning" choice. Any intelligent CEO would simply shake his/her head and quickly go on to important matters.

The saddest thing about this poll is how many of you actually think you are making a difference. Having operated a large and successful company for many years, I can say with certainty that it will have absolutely no effect on upper management's decision making process on the subject. A good management team will easily recognize nonsense when the see it.[/quote]

I am sure many people will recognise nonsense when they read your post.

I personally cannot see Celebrity installing self service laundry when they are making a stack of money doing it for you. Maybe it's worth saving some OBC back to cover the cost of any laundry you need doing? Do you beleive Celebrity would cut the cost of drinks if a similar poll was devised with the majority voting in favour. I would very much doubt it. Unfortunately it is what it is. How many 5 star hotels offer self service laundry??? Not many if any I would assume. As someone else has already said that if you want self service laundry go to a cruise line that offered it.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want self service laundry but it's clear that Celebrity does not want to introduce it.

Richstowe-It is actually 40 days, the 3 are for travelling to get to Sydney and back from San Diego to Orlando. We are lucky that we are retired and we find great Military rates etc. We stepped into these cruise rates at the perfect time becuse one went up about two months ago then sold out. The other two want down even more for our cat and our agent got a reduction. We also get onboard credits from our travel agency so after all the hours I put into saving money so that we can do all this, I resent paying $30.00 plus for a couple of shirts and some underwear to be washed by strangers...
By the way, unless things have changed recently I believe that you have to accumalate at least 5 points with Captain Club to get laundry deals and at least 9 to get it for free!!!!! We will be at 6 on the last leg of the 3 cruises!!!!!!

[quote name='Aussie Claire']I am sure many people will recognise nonsense when they read your post.[/QUOTE]

Actually, swsfrail has a very valid point. When large corporations make decisions, they look to reliable, solid data to help with those decisions. A poll with biased choices would never be considered reliable and would be not be included in the data collection process. Even if 100% of the respondents chose #2, the poll would not indicate clear preferences because of the frivolousness of choice #4. No company in their right mind would base decisions on skewed data.

[quote name='gmjc2']Richstowe-It is actually 40 days, the 3 are for travelling to get to Sydney and back from San Diego to Orlando. We are lucky that we are retired and we find great Military rates etc. We stepped into these cruise rates at the perfect time becuse one went up about two months ago then sold out. The other two want down even more for our cat and our agent got a reduction. We also get onboard credits from our travel agency so after all the hours I put into saving money so that we can do all this, I resent paying $30.00 plus for a couple of shirts and some underwear to be washed by strangers...
By the way, unless things have changed recently I believe that you have to accumalate at least 5 points with Captain Club to get laundry deals and at least 9 to get it for free!!!!! We will be at 6 on the last leg of the 3 cruises!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Need 10 points for Elite

Geese Louise! :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://www.myfunnyshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/internet-argument.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/pictures/madaboutsomething_head_616.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.ponder.us/james/uploaded_images/argument-745014.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/flow-chart.jpg?w=350&h=314[/IMG]

[quote name='boogs']Actually, swsfrail has a very valid point. When large corporations make decisions, they look to reliable, solid data to help with those decisions. A poll with biased choices would never be considered reliable and would be not be included in the data collection process. Even if 100% of the respondents chose #2, the poll would not indicate clear preferences because of the frivolousness of choice #4. No company in their right mind would base decisions on skewed data.[/quote]

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone in favour of self service laundries thinks that Celebrity is now going to refit S-class ships as a result of this poll.

I do however believe that any self respecting and successful company does take note of what its customers want. So, what I hope will be achieved by this is that Celebrity will realise that this poll shows that more than half of cruisers would like a self-service laundry. And then conduct their own research to test whether this is in fact the case. And if so, consider it for FUTURE ships. (Which goes back to what Mr Bayley in any case said on this issue.)

As far as I am concerned, I was just interersted to see what the result of a poll would be. I thought that with all the flames on this topic, it would be 80% in favour of NOT having self service laundries. And probably that's what most members thought too. (And probably, Celebrity too). But this shows that most people DO want them and thus more research is warranted in FUTURE.

Archived