Viking "Rhine Getaway" departure time?

Lori Dobson

I was in Basel last year. Stayed at the Hilton downtown. The city is very walkable. Lots to see. It's the watch capital of Europe. Watch shops everywhere. I ate in a pizza joint one night and a steakhouse the next. Both were located somewhere downtown. Nice city

• 5 weeks later...
For all of you that have already been on the Viking "Rhine Getaway", Amesterdam to Basel, do you remember what time the ship sailed from Amsterdam the first day? I am trying to plan some activites in Amsterdam... of which any good suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!:D

HI, we are taking the viking rhine cruise on Sept 15th out of amsterdam. I believe the ship will take your luggage at 3:00p so you can visit more of Amsterdam without worrying about it. You can go on board also, but only in certain areas since they are getting the rooms ready. Again I THINK I read to be on board at 5:00p for a get together drink and information. For those going on the Rhine cruise you might want to check in on this forum for info also. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803506

They have even taken pictures of the daily adventures and posted them.

we will be in Amsterdam for almost 5 days before the cruise and they have really been helpful with lots of info.

sue

Archived