Question: Paying for FCC with AmEx Gift Card?

PugsRuleATL

Friends,

I've done a search of the message boards and the most recent posting I find regarding this issue is from February 2010. I'm hoping someone has more recent experience that you're able to share.

I just received an AMEX gift card from a coworker And I have a couple of questions regarding its use with Princess.

1. Am I able to use this in advance by calling Princess and applying onboard credit to my account?

2. Can I then subsequently use the onboard credit to pay for my Future Cruise Credit? Or must an FCC be paid for with a credit card?

3. Am I able to use the AMEX gift card to pay for the Future Cruise Credit directly with the FCC consultant onboard?

It's nearly time to start packing for our trip onboard the Caribbean Princess on October 31 out of New York City. We're really excited and hope to see some of you on board.

Thank you for any help or advice you can offer.

Dean

1. Yes, most likely. They will be able to tell you right away if it went through. I have used rebate cards and gift cards to pay for cruises.

2. No - must be charged to a credit card - not onboard account, can not use OBC for this (unless move-over)

3. Maybe. Some of these cards have restrictions. I personally would not do it because if for some reason you need to cancel the FCC, it will go back to that card and it may be expired or you may have thrown it away.

I would put the money on your account now and use it for tips or a tour.

Archived