Lobster Tails in the Terrace Cafe!

burm

I just read in the new Your World, Your Way that "Onboard Marina and Riviera, the Terrace Cafe features lobster tails, jumbo shrimp, and hand-cut steaks and chops."

Does this mean that lobster is available, but only on nights when it is served in the MDR?

I just read in the new Your World, Your Way that "Onboard Marina and Riviera, the Terrace Cafe features lobster tails, jumbo shrimp, and hand-cut steaks and chops."

Does this mean that lobster is available, but only on nights when it is served in the MDR?

I believe they have them every night in the new Terrace Grill area ;)

I believe they have them every night in the new Terrace Grill area ;)

OMG! Can 100 people please confirm this so I can believe it is true! :eek:

How is the quality?

You have made me very happy. :D

No, the O class ships have a grill station that cooks to order these items regardless of the rest of the menu. The selection can vary a bit, we've had their wonderful lamb chops, etc.

I don't recall seeing lobster on a GDR menu but may have just missed that night. I'd probably pass in any case preferring something more unique. some nights they have some very interesting offerings. Now if it were King crab, that would be a different story.

How is the quality?

They look good but I do not eat lobster so cannot confirm the quality but I bet it is good ;)

I am in shock. I may never make it to the dining room.

I can see my dinner plates spread over 17 nights:

Day 1: Lobster

Day 2: Lobster

Day 3; Lobster

Day 4: Lamb (Even I like a bit of variety :))

Day 5: Lobster

Day 6: Lobster

Day 7: Lobster

Then I start over until day 17

They look good but I do not eat lobster so cannot confirm the quality but I bet it is good ;)

The lobster is excellent in the MDR the grill area. I had it every night that I was on my recent Rivera cruise. The only nights I did not have it was when we ate in the speciality restaurants.

Day 3; Lobster

Guess we better not mention the surf & turf burger in Waves ;)

Guess we better not mention the surf & turf burger in Waves ;)

I thought that I had read in some post (sorry, don't know when or where on the boards) that the 'surf & turf burger' was no longer available. Please reassure me that I'm wrong! I really, really want to be wrong!!!

TIA

Day 3; Lobster

Be strong, I will be there for you.. just call and i help you when you hit" rock lobster bottom". Your not going to find happiness in a carapace..

. Be a man and have a some veal oscar, or taper off on crab cakes and jumbo shrimp with a bernaise sauce.

Dont try to go cold turkey, unless the turkey is hand carved on sourdough with stuffing dressing and a sage aoli.

You only have to deal with 17 days... Me....I have 32 more days after that. Pray for me I may have my own zip code.

We just got off a 15-day on Marina (well, two weeks ago) and ate in the Terrace on eight nights. I probably had the lobster with something else from the grill five of those eight nights. The little filet is fantastic, as are the lamb chops. They also had plates of chilled king crab on several nights (found over near the oysters and sushi).

The Terrace Cafe is fantastic!! I just wish they had the potatoes au gratin more often (positively killer bee). The pasta dishes are also terrific, as is the charcuterie selection. I'm drooling just thinking about it. Sob...

Be strong, I will be there for you.. just call and i help you when you hit" rock lobster bottom". Your not going to find happiness in a carapace..

. Be a man and have a some veal oscar, or taper off on crab cakes and jumbo shrimp with a bernaise sauce.

Dont try to go cold turkey, unless the turkey is hand carved on sourdough with stuffing dressing and a sage aoli.

You only have to deal with 17 days... Me....I have 32 more days after that. Pray for me I may have my own zip code.

I will pray that, as you will be there for me, someone will be there to help you through the final 32 days.

You only lost me on the "be a man" part. :p

Crab cakes, you say? Don't tell me they now have crab cakes in the buffet as well? Would these be Chesapeake Bay lump crab cakes with Pommery Mustard sauce?

Day 3; Lobster

that would work for me as well.

I thought that I had read in some post (sorry, don't know when or where on the boards) that the 'surf & turf burger' was no longer available. Please reassure me that I'm wrong! I really, really want to be wrong!!!

TIA

OH No sorry I do not know if they have it or not

Maybe some recent cruisers will comment

Sorry to get your hopes up if they are gone

Lyn

How is the quality?

I don't know if i am person 1 or person 100, but i can confirm you can have lobster every night and it is quite good.

The Terrace Grill is NOT your ordinary buffet. There is a section of the Grill that is an actual grill, and they will prepare lobster, shrimp, swordfish, steak, lamb chops, to order.

At the Waves Grill they have a surf and turf sandwich, but you can order a surf and surf. :). Great lobster

We've never had a surf & turf burger.

I can confirm however, that we still have our world famous surf & turf sandwich consisting of sliced grilled lobster and sliced filet Mignon served on ciabatta bread and accompanied by hand cut truffle fries dusted with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

FDR

I can confirm however, that we still have our world famous surf & turf sandwich consisting of sliced grilled lobster and sliced filet Mignon served on ciabatta bread and accompanied by hand cut truffle fries dusted with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

FDR

110221.jpg

Show off!

Of course, that sandwich really is the best thing that I've EVER had at a pool grill-

So your......er......confidence is well deserved. ;)

FDR

Frank,

Thanks for responding! Is it still on the printed menu or do you have to ask for it with a wink, wink? It does not show up on the preview menues on the website.

Thanks.

Thank you, Mr. Del Rio, for re-confirming the surf & turf sandwich at Waves Grill is still available! It was one of my favorite indulgences on Marina, and I'm so looking forward to enjoying it on our upcoming Marina adventure too. Along with the miso/sea bass, the lamb chops, the wonderful smoothies at the ice cream station. . . Sorry, I have to go exercise now, I need to lose a pound or 35.:D