Beverage Questions - New to Carnival

velveeta77

Does Carnival offer Coke or Pepsi products? And which ones? If I can get my hands on a Dr. Pepper or a Mr. Pibb, the soda card will be soooooo worth it. Also, what brand of bottled water?

Does anyone have cooler advice? I was looking forward to being able to bring my water and Dr. Pepper with me because we will be driving in instead of flying. However, after reading Carnival.com, it seems like they are quite restrictive as to how much you can bring. If I carry on my twelve cans of soda, but throw a few water bottles and a softside cooler in with my clothes in my checked baggage, are they seriously going to confiscate those!?!

The frustrating thing is that I am not even trying to be cheap or save money, I would gladly pay vacation prices if I could get the soda I like and bottled water that doesn't taste gross, lol!

I would carry it all on.. why smuggle the water.. Id say better chance they will not care as long as you follow the rules and just carry it on.

coke products.. mr pibb was not at every bar.

someone did post they saw dr. Pepper at one bar.. but I only saw mr. pibb.

I sat in the MDR with someone who ordered a mr. pibb every night and they gave her the can and a glass of ice. Its canned, not soda fountain like on RCL.

Coke products and Mr. Pibb. Although they say coolers are not allowed, I have seen a couple make it aboard unless it was for a special dietary or medical need. You can bring a 12-pack of soda or water per person in your carry-on. Honestly, on the Valor in June I thought the ship's water was just fine.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Coke products and Mr. Pibb. Although they say coolers are not allowed, I have seen a couple make it aboard unless it was for a special dietary or medical need. You can bring a 12-pack of soda or water per person in your carry-on. Honestly, on the Valor in June I thought the ship's water was just fine.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

The rule say coolers allowed 12 x 12 x 12.. but if its a collaspible cooler in your suitcase, its being allowed too.

I think the 12 x 12 x 12 rule is only for hard sided coolers the way they are enforcing it.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I just absolutely HATE drinking water, but make myself do it so I don't, you know, die. I won't even drink the tap water at home or the filtered water at work. Ozarka, Aquafina, or distilled is about all I can stand. It becomes a priority when cruising because I don't want to get dehydrated and start feeling bad on my vacation! I have recently tried some of the Nuun products and they do help mask that nasty tap water taste. Fortunately, I have two months before sailing to cut back on the DP and decide what to bring.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I just absolutely HATE drinking water, but make myself do it so I don't, you know, die. I won't even drink the tap water at home or the filtered water at work. Ozarka, Aquafina, or distilled is about all I can stand. It becomes a priority when cruising because I don't want to get dehydrated and start feeling bad on my vacation! I have recently tried some of the Nuun products and they do help mask that nasty tap water taste. Fortunately, I have two months before sailing to cut back on the DP and decide what to bring.

A tiny squeeze of lemon can go a long way. Also, you can purchase those flavor enhancers that you squeeze into bottle water as well. This may help you drink more water instead of turning to Dr. Pepper all the time (love diet dr. pepper my fave)

I always take water with me off the ship while in port!

My last cruise I brought several packets of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade, I brought a 2 gallon plastic pitcher, and a collapsible ice chest. We used tap water from our cabin and our room stewart kept the ice chest stocked with ice. I also ordered a bottle of vodka from Bon Voyage, it mixed really well with the pink lemonade, although most of the time I drank mine without the vodka, DH loved it spiked.

• 2 months later...
Does Carnival offer Coke or Pepsi products? And which ones? If I can get my hands on a Dr. Pepper or a Mr. Pibb, the soda card will be soooooo worth it. Also, what brand of bottled water?

Coke products

Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero

Sprite, Diet Sprite, Orange

Dr Pepper is on ships from TX

Mr Pibb is on all other ships

You can carry-on {not checked} 12 20oz bottles/cans per person at embarkation. You can also bring more on board at any ports same size and quantity.

Archived