Will Disney EVER come to Australia?

Aussie Cruisers

Does anyone know if there are any plans for this?

Thanks,

Mark. :o

With four ships and two –the new ones tied to Port Canaveral then personally I would say not in the near future, but you never can say never.

I personally think we will see DCL in the Caribbean and Europe and New York, and extend maybe to the far east.

They seem to go to places that have connections with Disney, ie Disney parks.

Only the Magic and Wonder could move about the world and looking at port bookings for 2014, that doesn’t seem to be on their radar.

I could only see Australia as part of a round the world cruise, the sailing out and back is the issue, DCL is a small line against the others such as carnival and RCI and can’t really have one ship ie 25% of the fleet taking any risks.

They seem to be very conservative in itineraries and slowly expanding so my view is unlikely but you never know!

Seriously doubt it! DCL has some of the worst cruise itineraries. They haven't even made it to the Southern Caribbean yet!

Well, they might just be going to please you on that very shortly..

Yes they have - I was on the Wonder 6 years ago on a 10 night sailing into the Southern Caribbean :)

Agree, the question has always been, why oh why didnt they keep doing them???

I believe they've also done some northern Europe (or at least somewhere other than the Med) that they no longer do. They may have done the S. Carib years ago - point is that haven't since then and their itineraries are still dreadful!!

Yes they sailed from Dover England for four cruises to the Baltic in 2010, I was on one, they were very good.

I would agree that DCL has lacked imagination most of the time for their itinaries, the 12 night Europe ones show there is a massive demand for longer cruises to new ports of interest, pity they do not consider European school holidays and book the interesting ones outside of our school holidays and then repeat the boring seven night Med ones that they have done time and time again, but I think they have got the message loud and clearly now.

I believe they've also done some northern Europe (or at least somewhere other than the Med) that they no longer do. They may have done the S. Carib years ago - point is that haven't since then and their itineraries are still dreadful!!

Families go on DCL cruise for the experience and not for Port itinerary. At least the ones with families don't give a damn about where the ship goes as long as the embarkation port is convienient to their home town or more accessible.

Families go on DCL cruise for the experience and not for Port itinerary. At least the ones with families don't give a damn about where the ship goes as long as the embarkation port is convenient to their home town or more accessible.

IMHO I am 50/50 on this, yes we did 14 nights on the Fantasy for the Fantasy as it is a new ship, and wasn't really bothered where it went, but we will now not book the Fantasy again, we have done it, seen it etc.

Now we as a family book DCL for new ports of call, The Med, the Baltic, the Panama crossings and now Alaska, families do give a damm where they go, the new to DCL cruisers will always go through the turnstiles of Port Canaveral, as its their first cruise, often a piggy back off the trip to WDW.

DCLs best selling cruises currently:-

12 European trips in 2013, sold like hot cakes nearly sold out. (New)

Hawaii (New).

New York, (New, with old bits).

Fantasy and Dream are tied to PC and cant go elsewhere as they are under contract but Magic and Wonder, need new ports, where they run parallel to the new ships on old ports, they are not selling.

I would love to go on DCL on the 12 night cruises but they end before our school holidays start.

I would love to go on the Magic or Fantasy again if it went somewhere new.

Yes first cruisers, with kids, go on for the clubs, the mickey pool, or aquaduck, and less bothers about ports, but after their first cruise they will want more.

Families go on DCL cruise for the experience and not for Port itinerary. At least the ones with families don't give a damn about where the ship goes as long as the embarkation port is convienient to their home town or more accessible.

You know I have actually said that but find that it is not always true. We just did the Magic out of NY - our home port - for our daughter's 3rd birthday. She enjoyed it very much and we enjoyed it because of that. The itinerary was pitiful - Orlando, Bahamas, and CC. Was not particularly impressed with the Magic. We're doing 4 cruises within 12 months - and not getting back onto Disney until 18 months after that Magic cruise. If you cruise frequently there's just not anything "new" to see/do on DCL - shows - as good as some were are the same from month to month, aren't they? What's the draw for me to go back on DCL 3-4 times in a year? Honestly, I'd rather spend the time at Disney World.

And we do enjoy the ports - gives us a chance to explore and try some local food. Not much to do on most ships (I think this is very true for DCL) on port days.

I don't think so. Going to Australia would cause serious plumbing problems on the ships.

All four ships were built using toilets and sinks calibrated to swirl counter-clockwise. In the Southern Hemisphere, the plumbing simply won't work well unless the ship is turning hard to starboard at the time.

;)

You know I have actually said that but find that it is not always true. We just did the Magic out of NY - our home port - for our daughter's 3rd birthday. She enjoyed it very much and we enjoyed it because of that. The itinerary was pitiful - Orlando, Bahamas, and CC. Was not particularly impressed with the Magic. We're doing 4 cruises within 12 months - and not getting back onto Disney until 18 months after that Magic cruise. If you cruise frequently there's just not anything "new" to see/do on DCL - shows - as good as some were are the same from month to month, aren't they? What's the draw for me to go back on DCL 3-4 times in a year? Honestly, I'd rather spend the time at Disney World.

And we do enjoy the ports - gives us a chance to explore and try some local food. Not much to do on most ships (I think this is very true for DCL) on port days.

In that case, its better to go by different cruise lines every time you go on a cruise. I would assume that the repeat cruisers on the DCL, go multiple times for the sake of the Disney experience.

In that case, its better to go by different cruise lines every time you go on a cruise. I would assume that the repeat cruisers on the DCL, go multiple times for the sake of the Disney experience.

Maybe people's definition of the Disney experience is different. I totally got the character thing and what went with that (love Disney, was an annul passholder) but I honestly did not find the service or other things so much better than other lines I've sailed. Instead of shows I should have used the word entertainment - I think different ships within a single cruise line have different entertainment - not so much on DCL. Think they have a few shows that are on every ship? And then a couple that might be different? I guess you could watch the exact same show a couple of times a year?

I don't think so. Going to Australia would cause serious plumbing problems on the ships.

All four ships were built using toilets and sinks calibrated to swirl counter-clockwise. In the Southern Hemisphere, the plumbing simply won't work well unless the ship is turning hard to starboard at the time.

;)

Well when we sailed close to the Equator on the Panama crossings we didn't have a single issue. :D

I guess you could watch the exact same show a couple of times a year?

Fantasmic at Disneyland would qualify there (Not that awful thing at WDW) I could watch that show a dozen times per year. Wait.. I think that I have.

• 2 months later...
Fantasmic at Disneyland would qualify there (Not that awful thing at WDW) I could watch that show a dozen times per year. Wait.. I think that I have.

OT, but I like the WDW version of Fantasmic! much better. I've now seen the DL version twice (both times with the dessert package so we didn't have to stake out an uncomfortable spot to sit hours in advance), and probably won't bother with it again. Now that the far-superior WoC show is available just across the esplanade, I don't see any point to spending time at Fantasmic!.

Archived