Le Bistro or Cagney's??

shanecindy21403

If you prefer a simpler menu (meat and potato type of eater) like me, then the only thing appealing on le Bistro's menu is the filet so we always go to Cagneys. We love Cagneys but we're very excited to be able to try Moderno on our next cruise.

Agreed. While there are a lot of people here who rave about Le Bistro, the fact is that there are also a fair number of people who would not like the menu and would have a difficult time finding more than one or two items they would consider ordering. And who also wouldn't dream of wasting money on chef's table because all but one or two items would go untasted.

DH is deadset against paying for specialty restaurants... He finally gave in and said I could book one...

Get a new DH, kidding of course!

We have cross ordered from both in either. They've brought escargot appetizer in Cagney's and jumbo shrimp cocktail in Le Bistro.

Entrees remain venue specific.

I consider the specialty restaurants part of the price of booking NCL, and they are the reason that I always come back too. If I could only do one, it would be Le B. But perhaps he will change his mind. My husband doesn't see the need; but I told him I was going with or without him... his choice. He chooses me. Smart man.

Nancy

Hi Turtles. I vote neither. If only one pay-to-dine voucher available from hubby, do Teppanyaki. I'm booked on Jewel and plan to dine at Cagney's, Le B and Teppanyaki. I've done all 3 before too. They're all good but the Tepp is part floor show and part meal and not to be missed!

We have dined in Cagney's and Le Bistro on numerous NCL ships.

We have enjoyed our meals and service in both but all 5 members of our family would agree that the Le Bistro has been the most consistent venue for terrific food and service.

There are items for all on both restuarants menu, but there are some exclusives that tip the balance towards Le Bistro for us. The french onion soup. Chocolate fondue and cote de beef for 2 are all wonderful.

That said, you cannot go wrong with either.

Watch the dailies for 1/2 price specials in the specialty restaurants and book em both

All right DH is deadset against paying for specialty restaurants, he figures MDR is just as good because we've never had any issues. He finally gave in and said I could book one, but now I can't decide which one. The menus for both look wonderful! So if you could only choose 1 which would it be?? Thanks

My partner really likes steaks (He was raised in Argentina), but I have to say, even tho we both like Cagney's, we both prefer Le Bistro. I like the French options, and there are great beef options for the steak lovers out there....

Archived