Le Bistro or Cagney's??

shanecindy21403

All right DH is deadset against paying for specialty restaurants, he figures MDR is just as good because we've never had any issues. He finally gave in and said I could book one, but now I can't decide which one. The menus for both look wonderful! So if you could only choose 1 which would it be?? Thanks

All right DH is deadset against paying for specialty restaurants, he figures MDR is just as good because we've never had any issues. He finally gave in and said I could book one, but now I can't decide which one. The menus for both look wonderful! So if you could only choose 1 which would it be?? Thanks

Check out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1698295&highlight=cagney+bistro

It was a recent thread similar to your query.

I always make sure to go to both, depending on what you are in the mood for. I have found that you can generally book either the morning you want to go. My DW and I do find that if its just the two of us, we go to Le Bistro where as when we have our 8 year old DD with us, we tend to choose Cagney's. Although, since we took her to LB last April, she can't get enough escargot.

I might suggest one other choice, The Italian restaurant (sometime called mama mia's) which has candle light dining outside on the aft of the ship. The fee is only $10 per person, so maybe you can talk you DH into one night there as well.

I have not been on NCL in 10 years, will be on Jade next April. If you get your DH to one of them, I think he may be open to going again. It is not just about the food, it is about atmosphere. We find we enjoy the peace and quiet in the special restaurants much more than the noise of the MDRs. I hope that is true for you.

CAGNEY's!! We much preferred the food, the service, and the ambiance there.

I went to both in September aboard the Star. I Had the Rack of lambin Le Bistro and thought it was the best lamb I had ever eaten, remarkable. We went to Cagneys late one night and I really wasn't that impressed the steak was good but special. I choose LeBistro

Le Bistro has a fun option; there is a wine "cellar" just outside the main dining part... it is in the mini-atrium between decks 6 & 7 and we love it! Open, people watching, music. Lots of energy.

100_8047.JPG[/quotIs the menu the same

Is the menu the same in "The Cellar"?

Le Bistro in a heartbeat. Wonderful food, atmosphere and service. As others have said, unless you live in the boonies, most folks can find a good steakhouse near home. Besides that, Cagney's isn't even that good. The meal we had there on the Jewel was terrible; from start to finish it was mediocre quality food cooked pretty badly. Fortunately, we'd brought our own champagne, so at least that was excellent.

Food of course is subjective, but from what I've read on other threads, I'm not alone in thinking Cagney's is overrated.

WOW! Thanks everybody so it will definitely be Le Bistro by a landslide. That's the one I was leaning towards and I'm just glad to read all the great comments on it. I just wanted to make sure it was really good so hopefully in the future I can talk DH into more! Thanks Again

If you are looking for something romantic go for le bistro

If you are looking for good food in a nice relaxed environment then go for le bistro

If you are big meat eaters than go for cagneys

Been to both cagneys and le bistro 3 times each and i enjoyed le bistro better than cagneys

Either way you cant go wrong. If you dont want to pay maybe wait for the 2 for 1 night

Archived