Cost of Wines??

Hello, I'm a first time due to cruise on Voyager of the Seas in October from Singapore. Can anyone tell me, is it cheaper to buy the prepaid wine packages? or is it the same cost to buy the wine / bottle at dinner? Are there any gratuity or corkage fees?

You will save a couple of dollars per bottle with the package, but not all bottles are part of a package so take a look on line or onboard to see if you are happy with the particular wines offered in one of the packages.

15% will be added any alcohol purchase.

As you cannot bring wine onboard there is no corkage program. If you purchase a bottle to be delivered to the stateroom or receive one as a gift ( to the stateroom) there will be a corkage fee ( I think it is $15) if you want to take that bottle to the dining room.

We have purchased a bottle in a bar, had a drink or two and then carried the bottle to the dining room . We were not charged a corkage, but I am not sure of the actual rules on this.

Cheers

M

We purchased the 7 bottle Diamond package on the Oasis last month. I think we paid $240 plus 15% gratuity. We drank nearly the same wine every night which was $49 per bottle individually. So for us, we did save over $10 per bottle every night. Since we were cruising with our 6 month old, some nights we took a full bottle from the dining room "to-go" with glasses so we could have wine in our suite. We had absolutely no problems with the package and would buy it again.

this is not my work, but some other fellow CC member who took the time to calculate the savings. In some cases you can pay more, but overall there are a few saving that can be done.

the spreadsheet posted above is a TERRIFIC way to see if what YOUR preferences are save you money by using the package.

we found that we did indeed save a fair few dollars per bottle buying the middle package.. offered enough of our well known favs ahead of time to know we would not go thirsty and gave us some very nice new ones.

I did the wine package once, years ago but I now find that saving a few dollars is not worth the limited selection. It's personal preference, of course, but there are some very nice wines offered that are not on the list. Particularly in the specialty restaurants and in Vintages. And with many of the ships now having the self-serve machine there are so many new ones to try I don't want to be "tied" to the bottles in the package.

I did the wine package once, years ago but I now find that saving a few dollars is not worth the limited selection. It's personal preference, of course, but there are some very nice wines offered that are not on the list. Particularly in the specialty restaurants and in Vintages. And with many of the ships now having the self-serve machine there are so many new ones to try I don't want to be "tied" to the bottles in the package.

Agree.

I recently discovered that they serve La Terre wine in the CL. Ugh....I don't care if it is free, that is awful wine. There is wine in a box that is way better than that awful stuff. So I decided to take a look at the packages.

I decided that i would just buy it as I want it. We don't gamble...no reason other than we just don't find it the least bit entertaining, and DH doesn't drink, so I'll just spend a little more money to drink what I enjoy.

Enjoy.

Archived