Extra port charges

Cunard Cruiser

We are sailing on QM2 Christmas cruise and just received an updated booking invoice showing $26.02 charges against on our onboard credit. When I inquired I was told port charges have increased and that will be charged. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm on this voyage too. How do you access your inboard account details? I've searched Voyage Personaliser but found nothing.

I paid in full a couple of months back. I've been told no further charges can be made after that time.

Have you paid in full? My understanding is if you have not, price may fluctuate between deposit and final payment.

If port charges increase they can be assessed even after final payment. Cunard is just passing along a government-imposed charge. A similar thing happened for our Panama Canal transit - canal fees increased after we booked and the increase was passed along to us.

Otherwise, I've never heard of the cruise price changing after the deposit was paid.

Its clearly stated in your Terms & Conditions everyone should be familiar with these they are important & there for a reason, I have read mine 4-5 times to ensure I know everything. :eek:

Its clearly stated in your Terms & Conditions everyone should be familiar with these they are important & there for a reason, I have read mine 4-5 times to ensure I know everything. :eek:

Ultimately the small extra cost doesn't bother me. Admittedly, it isn't like you have a choice but to accept whatever terms and conditions are put forward if you want to sail!

Still, how does one view their onboard account before sailing? Is it on Voyage Personaliser, and if so, where is it located on that site?

Hi there,

I have paid in full. My TA sent me an updated booking invoice with the additional charge. If you have an onboard credit they are taking it from there. I would ask Cunard for an updated invoice to see if the charge has been applied.

The amount is small; however I just want to make sure it is a legitimate charge. I have sailed Cunard many, many times and the one thing I have learned is once Carnival took over Cunard just became a “brand” with an increased error rate and misinformation provided.

Ultimately the small extra cost doesn't bother me. Admittedly, it isn't like you have a choice but to accept whatever terms and conditions are put forward if you want to sail!

Still, how does one view their onboard account before sailing? Is it on Voyage Personaliser, and if so, where is it located on that site?

You can't view your on board account before sailing because you haven't boarded yet and they haven't created one. Because it doesn't exist yet you also cannot view it on the Voyage Personaliser.

The OP received an updated invoice, which is probably just an emailed invoice from Cunard.

You can't view your on board account before sailing because you haven't boarded yet and they haven't created one. Because it doesn't exist yet you also cannot view it on the Voyage Personaliser.

The OP received an updated invoice, which is probably just an emailed invoice from Cunard.

Hmm, I have not received an email nor contacted by my TA.

Archived