Enchantment or Majesty?

jpr1908

Just off of Oasis and ready to book a short getaway for June 2013! We sailed EOS back in December 2000! Which ship would be "better" for a fun-loving family of four with two young sons?

We know they don't compare to Oasis, but we still enjoy smaller ships.

I've not sailed the Majesty but have Monarch twice. I like the Monarch and hope to travel on her one more time before she retires. Given the choice though of Enhancement or Majesty, I'd pick the Enhancement of the seas.

Enhancement was built in 1997 and had her stretch done in 2005. She is also scheduled for dry dock December 2012. 990 feet, 2,446 passengers.

Majesty of the seas was built in 1992. 880 feet, 2,744 passengers. Underwent refurbishment in 2007.

Enhancement is a bit bigger ship, few less passengers. Port of Canaveral easier port to navigate through than Miami.

Dry dock changes: "Enchantment will gain the Chef's Table experience, a Concierge Lounge for suite passengers and top-tier Crown & Anchor members, a Diamond Lounge (for Diamond members) and a Royal Babies & Tots Nursery. On the technology side, the ship will get digital signage, flat-screen TV's in cabins, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi and a poolside jumbotron.

I've not sailed the Majesty but have Monarch twice. I like the Monarch and hope to travel on her one more time before she retires. Given the choice though of Enhancement or Majesty, I'd pick the Enhancement of the seas.

Enhancement was built in 1997 and had her stretch done in 2005. She is also scheduled for dry dock December 2012. 990 feet, 2,446 passengers.

Majesty of the seas was built in 1992. 880 feet, 2,744 passengers. Underwent refurbishment in 2007.

Enhancement is a bit bigger ship, few less passengers. Port of Canaveral easier port to navigate through than Miami.

Dry dock changes: "Enchantment will gain the Chef's Table experience, a Concierge Lounge for suite passengers and top-tier Crown & Anchor members, a Diamond Lounge (for Diamond members) and a Royal Babies & Tots Nursery. On the technology side, the ship will get digital signage, flat-screen TV's in cabins, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi and a poolside jumbotron.

Please explain "stretch". TY!

Please explain "stretch". TY!

In 2005 they cut her and added ~73ft to her. I've done both and you can't go wrong with either but Enchantment has many more options. The Chops in Enchantment is really nice with the floor to ceiling windows. The Solarium in Enchantment is a really nice feature as well. The Centrum shopping area on the Enchantment is also about twice the size as Majesty.

I've been on the Majesty several times for a quick weekend getaway and had a good time, but am going to try Enchantment next year out of Port Canaveral. The cabins on Majesty are tiny. Enchantment has the solarium and is getting some newer features when it goes into dry dock in December.

I...Dry dock changes: "Enchantment will gain the Chef's Table experience, a Concierge Lounge for suite passengers and top-tier Crown & Anchor members, a Diamond Lounge (for Diamond members) and a Royal Babies & Tots Nursery. On the technology side, the ship will get digital signage, flat-screen TV's in cabins, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi and a poolside jumbotron.

Not sure anymore about the Chef's Table. The newest PDF download of the revitalization guide replaces the Chef's Table with Park Cafe. This is not reflected on the Enchantment part of the website yet, so who knows which it will be.

Not sure anymore about the Chef's Table. The newest PDF download of the revitalization guide replaces the Chef's Table with Park Cafe. This is not reflected on the Enchantment part of the website yet, so who knows which it will be.

I hope they are putting in the Chefs Table, I believe the Park Cafe is going to replace the Solarium Cafe so it doesn't seem to hamper the Chefs Table from going in. fingers crossed!

Just off of Oasis and ready to book a short getaway for June 2013! We sailed EOS back in December 2000! Which ship would be "better" for a fun-loving family of four with two young sons?

We know they don't compare to Oasis, but we still enjoy smaller ships.

Glad you asked. I've been on Majesty for those short getaways . I have not yet been on a Vision class ship, so i'm watching this one. The only downside if your doing a 4 day IMO, Enchantment's 4 day itinerary doesn't include Key West.

I think a lot of it depends on your family.

If it were JUST up the ship, I think I would lean toward Enchantment, but considering what we like to do on the ship, odds would lean toward Majesty.

Now, I can't really be 100% right now, w/o actually doing a sailing on the Enchantment out of Canaveral, but on the Monarch, they did not really have good latin music to dance the night away. And we are heavily biased toward the Monarch, since she was our first. But in the end, we've done the 3 nighter on the Majesty 3 times, Monarch once.

If Enchantment ends up having good latin music as an option, then we may look at her more. We will see.

Anyway, thats' kind of how we look at it.

I think the solarium alone makes Enchantment WAY MORE desirable, but you asked about cruises with kids, so that doesn't help you.

From the no kids group, though... NICE!

Given the choice though of Enhancement or Majesty, I'd pick the Enhancement of the seas.

Typo of the day! LOVE IT.

We are Royal addicts and truly enjoyed the Majesty - did CocoCay and Nassau but the small ship atmosphere was really special to us. The staff and crew were amazing, the food wonderful, super clean - and the best thing about it was the discounted prices you can find! We ended up paying extra (VERY LITTLE EXTRA) and upgrading to a JS which was huge and the balcony could easily have held 10 people comfortably for drinks - the little treats waiting for you in the late afternoon, the champagne and Evian, special cabin treatment - I would go again right now. Never been on the Enchantment though, sounds wonderful too!!! You gotta love Royal. To me they really put it all out there.

Cannot comment on the majesty,but we did sail the Enchantment this past February and loved the ship and will be doing a B2B next year..

Just remember when they stretched her, they added more cabins, meaning more people, but did not add additional seating in the Windjammer or the theatre. Try to get to the theatre early enough to get your seats for the show.

Try to get to the theatre early enough to get your seats for the show.

Nah, just send your child down to the show and have them save about 15-20 seats for your group of 4. Make sure you have them loudly say "These are saved for my family" when someone starts to walk near them.

I kid! I kid!

We've sailed on both ships with Majesty being our first Royal cruise and Enchantment being our longest (12 night). That being said, we loved both ships! Depending on the age of your boys, Enchantment has a couple of youth-oriented options which would be The Jump Zone (bungee trampoline) and it also has a splash pool for younger children.

Whatever your choice, you can't go wrong since you'll be cruising!

My wife and I were on EN last year and really enjoyed ourselves, though for a 5 night cruise we almost ran out of things to do. (We aren't gamblers.) I would have to be given a freebie to cruise on anything smaller, so for me it would be a no-brainer to go with the larger of the two ships.

• 1 month later...

Just booked a cruise on the Enchantment in January, and i am having trouble finding out what's being taken away to make room for the new features. Does anyone know where I can get the correct information? I have been on her before and enjoyed the Viking Observation lounge and library- are they slated to be eliminated?

Thanks

Just booked a cruise on the Enchantment in January, and i am having trouble finding out what's being taken away to make room for the new features. Does anyone know where I can get the correct information? I have been on her before and enjoyed the Viking Observation lounge and library- are they slated to be eliminated?

Thanks

If they modify Enchantment like the other Vision class ships, a portion of the Viking Crown will be taken by the new CL, and the library will be replaced by staterooms.

Thanks Clarea for your speedy reply, although I am sad regarding the loss of more public spaces to make way for special perks for the privileged few who can book suites. I know that RCI is not alone in doing this; all major cruise lines seem to be doing this as it increases their revenues.

However, that is not going to keep me from loving cruising and looking forward to a great cruise on the lovely Enchantment of the Seas!

Archived