electrical outlets in a mini-suite

CarolynB

With a mini-suite, do you by chance have more than the standard one outlet in the cabin?

I know about the one in the bathroom, and have never been able to even plug DH electric razor in it, and have not thought about an adapter.

We have always taken a power strip, and was wondering if we should still plan on taking it.

Thanks.

In mini suites there is usually a second plug in. It's location depends on which ship and type of mini you have booked.

On the Grand Princess and Star Princess there is an extra (little known) outlet behind one of the televisions, easily used if you bring an extension cord with you.

On the Sun Class AC's there is a second outlet on the right side of the desk down low.

The adapter for the bathroom is easily purchased at discount stores. The entire kit runs between $20-$25 and has every adapter you could need in them.

I just got off the Star. There is an outlet on the desk, which I used for my coffee pot and there's another outlet near the door, which the steward used for his vacuum cleaner. I used that one several times; didn't want to disturb my coffeemaker. :)

Arlene

It's funny, I have never needed to take a power strip with me on any cruise. Between the plug in by the dressing table and the extension cord used for the bar area under the TV (grand class ships), that gives us plenty of outlets. What is everyone plugging in that they need all of these outlets?

Let's see, we take a battery operated clock, no plug in necessary. We take our coffee maker which is what the extension cord behind the TV is used for. It let's us keep it on the bar area and off the dressing table. Much handier and out of the way there.

Batterys for the digital, I take extra along so that I don't need to keep recharging them. Curling iron can plug in on the dressing table.

I take two battery operated candles to sit on the coffee table, no plugs in needed there.

I take my adapter for a nite lite in the bathroom.

Other than that, there are plenty of plug ins for what we use on a ship.

I had forgotten about the one under the mirror in the entry, probably because I have never used it before and never needed it.

Both these ships also have the outlets hidden behind the TV's in the minisuites. We plugged our clock into those outlets and on both ships the clock lost time everday - at least 15 minutes. :eek: Kind of weird. The clock works just fine at home.

Both these ships also have the outlets hidden behind the TV's in the minisuites. We plugged our clock into those outlets and on both ships the clock lost time everday - at least 15 minutes. :eek: Kind of weird. The clock works just fine at home.

If the AC frequency was 50 hertz instead of the normal 60 hertz that should explain the time loss.

Or the ship was going at relavistic speed where the clocks run slower

On the Coral, the outlet at the desk doesn't really accomodate those big black adapter type plugs. The mirror and the top of the desk are too close, so an extension cord or power strip would be in order. I also discovered the outlet by the TV.

I always bring along my laptop to write up trip reports and watch DVD's. On my last cruise I brought along my portable cd burner so fellow travel mates could burn cds from their digital camera when it got full. We also had our digital camera which needed periodical recharging. Having the power strip made it more convient/safer when I needed to have everything powered up.

We took a power strip and extension cord with us last yr. My husband uses a cpap machine and of course we needed to charge up the camera batteries. They never left the suitcase. There was a plug by the bed and one in the bathroom. We never seemed to need everything plugged in at the same time.

Archived