Sharing a room-with a member of the opposite sex

Mykitteh

I wasn't picking on your post. I was simply commenting on it. Sorry that it came across that I was picking on your post.

It was a handy reply that met what I was talking about.

My apologies then:) I took your post to mean you thought it was wrongt hat my kids had thought they needed to discuss it or come up with a guideline.

Interesting. All the RCL ships I've been in had curtains that went the entire way across. I've never been on the mega-ships, but have sailed on Voyager, Radiance and Freedom class ships. Apparently, I should not have generalized!! Thanks for the info, OB.

I am thnking that it happened on Serenade. We had functioning curtains and my parents, who were in the next cabin, did not. However, I could have my ships mixed up. It has been awhile.

No I didn't. Thanks very much. I will get on to that.:)

All you have to do is click on your " Usrer CP" button, then click on "edit Options" under settings and options. Under Messaging and Notifications just pick the option that you prefer under "default thread subscription mode".

I agree with the above poster. But if you feel you need more space, remember that many ships have nice shower facilities in the gym area. So the siblings could agree to take turns using those facilities while the other sibling gets to use the cabin facilities.

I like this idea b/c its hard getting out of the shower (that bathroom really steams up) and getting immediately into clothes. With taking turns, you do get to have the cabin to yourself a while.

The beds are set as apart-he's a bit of a slob so I guess I'll need to keep on him about that one :)

I have an OBC for being a C&A member and booking on board. Will that be under his name as well? As for the credit cards linked to Seapass accounts-we can have our own CC's (one per Seapass) or is it per room.

When you check out your room, don't freak when you see the bed together. No matter that you requested apart on the reservation, its never apart. Just find your stateroom attendant and ask him to seperate the beds. It will be done when they are doing their night service.

OBC is on the account for who made the reservation. Definetly when you do your online checkin, have seperate credit cards. Each of you will get an individual bill. If I was you, I'd check with customer service the first or second day to make sure the OBC is on your account.

I ended up going on a curise for my 50th and sharing the cabin with my sister, it had been 30 or more years since we lived together.

I stay up late and out and about, she gets up at 5:30 to work out, we have very different lifestyles and habits.

It was the Best trip for one reason, getting to share it with an adult sibling that I dont normlly spend that kind of time with. Who cares if the alarm goes off, or someone comes in a little later, the times sitting on the balcony talking while we are both in our 50s will never come again.

My advice to OP, enjoy the trip, and time with your Brother you may never get that chance again

My advice to OP, enjoy the trip, and time with your Brother you may never get that chance again

I second that advice !!! I WISH I still had my brother around to share a cruise with. You will be fine. If you didn't think you could get along you wouldn't be doing this.

Another poster's remarks about setting up a few guidelines and/or agreements beforehand is a good idea, and being sure it's "safe" to come out of the bathroom if you know the other is also likely to be changing clothes is just courteous. As far as the untidiness - your room steward will take care of that !!!

And one last word ... I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND why some posters have to point out why someone's post is just stupid, ignorant, unnecessary, etc. WHY can't grown people just say something nice or say nothing at all. It's not helpful to anyone. And that's all I'm going to say about that. :rolleyes:

Archived