Luggage Express - Southwest Airlines

XCruiseMe17

We just flew home from Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, having just returned on the Freedom, and yes Southwest was participating in the luggage express. There is a $20.00 charge per passanger. There will additional charges if the airline charges for baggage but since Southwest doesn't charge for the first two bags, that isn't an issue. Luggage express is called very late in the departure calls but it was great not to have to lug all that stuff around and yes it was on the carousel at BWI when we arrived.

We just flew home from Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, having just returned on the Freedom, and yes Southwest was participating in the luggage express. There is a $20.00 charge per passanger. There will additional charges if the airline charges for baggage but since Southwest doesn't charge for the first two bags, that isn't an issue. Luggage express is called very late in the departure calls but it was great not to have to lug all that stuff around and yes it was on the carousel at BWI when we arrived.

The Freedom's home port is Fort Lauderdale. I will be cruising on the Breeze out of Miami. I'm not sure if Luggage Express is offered to Southwest Airlines when the ship's home port is Miami. I think I worded my original question wrong. lol

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Does anyone know how strict Carnival is on there luggage express times. I know they say flights 11:30 or later, but do they budge any? We have a 11:15 flight.

They are very strict on the times.

Our flight was 10 minutes before the earliest time and they said NO.

We sailed out of POM and our flights were out of FLL. {FLL flights earliest is 2pm; our flight was 1:50pm}

In fact while we were waiting at the airport we saw the LE truck arrive. 3 hours before our flight. Yes I had a fit and let CCL know about it too, LOL

We flew on Southwest out of FLL after a cruise from Miami on the Destiny in May - we used Luggage Express and loved it, so it should be available for you...

I sure hope so, Southwest is the cheapest option for me as far as flights go, and its flys into the airport closest to my home. I love Luggage Express.

Yes you can use it out of POM for your flight out of FLL...yes they are very strict about the cutoff times due to the staging area logistics.?? there is more then 1 LE transportation vehicle....they do a sort area just like fedex trucks

Does anyone know how strict Carnival is on there luggage express times. I know they say flights 11:30 or later, but do they budge any? We have a 11:15 flight.

Just as it's been noted many times here on CC, it must depend on who you get. When we were on the Freedom we used Luggage Express and our flight was at 11:15 a.m. I would say to try it. It doesn't hurt to try. Just have a plan for if they say no. :)

Yes you can use it out of POM for your flight out of FLL...yes they are very strict about the cutoff times due to the staging area logistics.?? there is more then 1 LE transportation vehicle....they do a sort area just like fedex trucks

Thank you so much! Booking with Southwest saves me lots of money!! Also my flight home isnt until 7:00pm so it will be nice to be luggage free for the day!!

Archived