Anytime Dining

Doughboy

I am not sure I understand Anytime Dining. I know that it is between certain hours, but do you have to choose a specific time during that time period? For example, if we chose 7:30, do we have to eat at 7:30 every night, or do you just show up during certain hours?

Its like going to a restaurant at home. The hours are for a certain time (5:45 to ?? 9 maybe) and you go whenever you want that day. If they have a table open, you sit, otherwise, they put you on a list with a pager and a short wait. We only had to wait once, a couple of minutes and did not even get a pager.

The next day, you go whenever you want during their open hours, and so on.

Its like going to a restaurant at home. The hours are for a certain time (5:45 to ?? 9 maybe) and you go whenever you want that day. If they have a table open, you sit, otherwise, they put you on a list with a pager and a short wait. We only had to wait once, a couple of minutes and did not even get a pager.

The next day, you go whenever you want during their open hours, and so on.

That is a great way to explain ATD!

Does the waitstaff still do their little singing and dancing routine during anytime dining or is it just the assigned dining rooms that do it?

anyone ever had difficulty getting a table for two during anytime? We had this option on Princess and it was not a problem, but I feel like with this option becoming more popular, it might be more of a challenge.

Thanks

Does the waitstaff still do their little singing and dancing routine during anytime dining or is it just the assigned dining rooms that do it?

anyone ever had difficulty getting a table for two during anytime? We had this option on Princess and it was not a problem, but I feel like with this option becoming more popular, it might be more of a challenge.

Thanks

If you prefer a table for two, anytime is the way to go. ( although the tables are really close together )

If you go early in the ATD sessions (early or late) you'll see the dancing waiters. If you go too late you'll miss them. They normally dance before dessert.

I know you can see the singing and dancing on ships with one dining room, but what about ships that have 2 dining rooms?

On the Imagination, there are 2 dining rooms. The MDR that had ATD also sat the fixed dining in a portion of it. We were still able to see the waiters perform if we got there at the right time.

On our past two Carnival cruises we had ATD with no problems being seated. We would have been happy to have shared but we almost always were seated at a table for two. As mentioned by another poster, they were very close so almost like sharing. ;)

~~~~~~

We have a party of 11-13 (2 have have not booked yet) for the sensation. Does anyone have experience with ATD and a large group?

We had six so not that large but we went at 5:45 every night and there were MANY empty tables so 11-13 could have been seated very easily every night at that time. Not sure if you wanted to go later though.

We have a party of 11-13 (2 have have not booked yet) for the sensation. Does anyone have experience with ATD and a large group?

We did ATD on the Miracle with a group of 10-13 people every night. Worked out well for us. We requested the same waitress and usually got there as soon as it opened. Didn't have to wait at all.

I LOVED ATD! I can't imagine having to eat at a scheduled time. I have stomach emptying issues so I'm not hungry on demand...I'm hungry when my stomach is empty. LOL

We had to wait for about 10 minutes on the first formal night, otherwise never had to wait.

If you prefer a table for two, anytime is the way to go. ( although the tables are really close together )

After many cruises doing traditional seating and always sitting at a large table, we're booked for ATD on the Breeze and we want to eat at a table for just the two of us. Did you notice that ALL of the tables for two were lined up next to each other? Or were there some that were truly by themselves? I have read on here that the tables for two were all lined up next to each other and that the waiter would give the speech to a group of two tops at the same time. This is not gonna cut it with this platinum guest. If I want a table for two, then I want a regular table for two, not be inches away from another couple in a pseudo table for two.

We did ATD on the Miracle with a group of 10-13 people every night. Worked out well for us. We requested the same waitress and usually got there as soon as it opened. Didn't have to wait at all.

When you had more than 10 did they push 2 tables together? Or sit you at 2 different tables?

After many cruises doing traditional seating and always sitting at a large table, we're booked for ATD on the Breeze and we want to eat at a table for just the two of us. Did you notice that ALL of the tables for two were lined up next to each other? Or were there some that were truly by themselves? I have read on here that the tables for two were all lined up next to each other and that the waiter would give the speech to a group of two tops at the same time. This is not gonna cut it with this platinum guest. If I want a table for two, then I want a regular table for two, not be inches away from another couple in a pseudo table for two.

So, should the MDR have the tables seperated by dividers, like cubicles in an office building?

I *think* on Conquest it was something like a bench seat on one side along the wall and then chairs on the other side with a line of tables for two, but I cannot remember positively. I know we were at a table for 4 and my husband was on the bench side. We had a nice couple a few feet away at a "table for two," sharing the same bench seat Between the tables there was a little more than enough room to get out of the seat along the wall. But it was possible to have a semi-private conversation, if you talked in a low voice (no whispering or sign language necessary), because the MDR is not super quiet. I don't know that all of the tables were that way. It was not really that bad. You could talk to the other tables if you wanted to, or not talk.

So, should the MDR have the tables seperated by dividers, like cubicles in an office building?

Giggling:) I don't think going on a cruise is the place to be alone. Limited space and lots of peeps wanting to eat just doesn't seem conducive to expecting a solitary (duo) experience for two. The dining rooms are not set up to give, even Platinum, cruisers the same experience they would have at an intimate little restaurant on land. If you want to be "alone"...grab a tray at the buffet and eat it in your room.

Archived