ES~ one person can't go

BooBooMonkey

I tried to search for this, but hard to get the right search terms for this situation!

If one person on an ES booking can't go, can we just "eat" their fare, without questions? I mean show up without them? Also, if we find a replacement, what is the procedure and how much would it cost?

The person in question is very sick, needs surgery and we don't know yet if will be able to go. One cruise is past final payment, the second isn't. No insurance (don't flame me for that--just wondering what the options are).

Thanks!

If you are past final payment, standard cancellation terms apply.. be carefull leaving one pax in the cabin.

You dont give enough info to say for sure.. such as before or after final payment.

If before final, then its $50 fee and the rest of the deposit is held.

I did a no show in this situation .. we said nothing. and the add on fees and taxes for the no show pax are refunded to the card that paid them.

If you are past final payment, standard cancellation terms apply.. be carefull leaving one pax in the cabin.

You dont give enough info to say for sure.. such as before or after final payment.

If before final, then its $50 fee and the rest of the deposit is held.

I did a no show in this situation .. we said nothing. and the add on fees and taxes for the no show pax are refunded to the card that paid them.

There are two cruises involved. One is after final payment, the other is before. Both booked with ES rate.

What do you mean be careful leaving one passenger in the cabin? (safety?)

Do you mean to say that before final payment, we can add a different pax for a $50 fee?

And, if one pax does not show, are you saying taxes/port fees are refunded to the card (instead of the the room--i.e., OBC?).

Thank you!

If you cancel one person and leave one pax in the cabin, they will be charged 200% and you might wind up paying more than you were initially.

Im saying the add on taxes and fees will be refunded. Not the port fees .. what I said above. port fees are embedded in the cruisefare and not refunded if one pax does not go, sorry.

Before final payment for $50 you can cancel one pax, and the rest of that deposit is held for 2 years.. and then you pay for the 2nd pax as a new pax. After final payment you are stuck pretty much, very costly to pay full cancel fees to add someone.

All other fare EXCEPT ES for $50 you can pay to swith pax .. I was ES, so I went solo rather than lose money in fees. ES no name changes are allowed so the only way is to cancel one to add the next.. costly.

ES is no fun when someone cancels .. Im now never going to book it myself far in advance.

If Im not making sense, ask again... sorry, at this point Im not a ES fan.. but thats just me.

I also dont like that Carnival not only charges 2 fares, but 2 port fees for solos, they used to pull out the 2nd port fees from the cruisefare and stopped about 3 years ago.. one of my peeves with Carnival. Oh well, .. I dont believe RCL charges 2 port fee(NCF) .. but it might have changed, since I have not booked solo direct with them just read it on their boards.

I think port fees should be refunded if the 2nd pax does not show up. ..

After final payment for my case, I decided the cheapest way to add someone would be to move to a triple and pay the 3rd fare rate, and have pax #2 be a no show.. you will have to look at the fare and decide for your cruise what your cheapest alternative is.

Archived