Ack! Last minute Addition

vllygrrl

My family currently has 2 suites booked on the 11/4 Star cruise. One if a regular SJ Family Suite and the other is a Family suite with balcony, rooms 12012 and 12016. In the balcony cabin, we had myself and my husband, my sister and my 8 year old son. Next door in the non-balcony room are my parents. My son will be sleeping in my parents' room, because their sleep schedules match up much better, lol.

Yesterday, my husband's sister decided that she would like to tag along. What a mess! First, I had to add her to my parents reservation, since ours in the balcony room was fully booked. Then I swapped her name and my son's name so that we are all with the same group and my parents don't have to worry about billing issues. I then had to swap my son's shore excursions over to the other room because they were now attached to my sister-in-law.

I then realized that my sister would not enjoy sharing a fold out bed with my sister-in-law, so it appears that we will "unofficially" swap cabins with my parents. Apparently, my husband ordered bon voyage gifts (surprise) that I had to call and note on the account to put in the other room. Now, all I have to hope is that they are able to print us all a set of keys to the other room. So, in summary, the correct groups are together for billing purposes, but will be in the other room.

I know this post is really convoluted...my apologies! Is there anything else I'm not thinking of that needs to be addressed?

My family currently has 2 suites booked on the 11/4 Star cruise. One if a regular SJ Family Suite and the other is a Family suite with balcony, rooms 12012 and 12016. In the balcony cabin, we had myself and my husband, my sister and my 8 year old son. Next door in the non-balcony room are my parents. My son will be sleeping in my parents' room, because their sleep schedules match up much better, lol.

Yesterday, my husband's sister decided that she would like to tag along. What a mess! First, I had to add her to my parents reservation, since ours in the balcony room was fully booked. Then I swapped her name and my son's name so that we are all with the same group and my parents don't have to worry about billing issues. I then had to swap my son's shore excursions over to the other room because they were now attached to my sister-in-law.

I then realized that my sister would not enjoy sharing a fold out bed with my sister-in-law, so it appears that we will "unofficially" swap cabins with my parents. Apparently, my husband ordered bon voyage gifts (surprise) that I had to call and note on the account to put in the other room. Now, all I have to hope is that they are able to print us all a set of keys to the other room. So, in summary, the correct groups are together for billing purposes, but will be in the other room.

I know this post is really convoluted...my apologies! Is there anything else I'm not thinking of that needs to be addressed?

It's good to vent....Good Luck....

I think you are all set now.

Also, dont sweat the key issue. Do not ask for these when you sign in, after boarding head to guest relations and they will be happy to give you the extra key cards you need.

The only issue I see is that I think the 2nd set of cards are for opening the door only, your charging rights will be on your original card. The original card is the one you will need to swipe to get on and off the ship too. I suggest lanyards and a sharpie to mark the cards.

Make sure you have a drink immediately when you board. i would have been tempted to get another cabin (inside). Do the best you can :).

You're all making me laugh! I didn't even know how to write it! The idea about the lanyards and a sharpie is pure GENIUS! Drinks upon boarding are an absolute must...did I mention my hubby has us driving from NJ to New Orleans straight through, leaving Halloween night?

I may need a vacation from my vacation...

You're all making me laugh! I didn't even know how to write it! The idea about the lanyards and a sharpie is pure GENIUS!

I think I might blow this up, laminate it, put it on the fridge and point it out every time my 3 sons look at me like I know nothing. ;) :D thank you!

Drinks upon boarding are an absolute must...did I mention my hubby has us driving from NJ to New Orleans straight through, leaving Halloween night?

As a matter of fact no, you did not. :eek: Might I suggest some Cafe Patron in your coffee that morning? Only if you aren't helping drive of course.

You might!! But enjoy it anyway and don't think about the ride home until after you disembark!

You're all making me laugh! I didn't even know how to write it! The idea about the lanyards and a sharpie is pure GENIUS! Drinks upon boarding are an absolute must...did I mention my hubby has us driving from NJ to New Orleans straight through, leaving Halloween night?

Instead of driving to NOLA, why don't you guys take the Star repo cruise from NY to NOLA on Oct 21? ;);) and then go on your Nov 4 cruise? We are on that repo cruise.

Sweetheart, you need to breathe. Deeply. Secondly, I would insist that dear sister get her own room. You had already made many arrangements, all of which had to be changed. What if all of a sudden she decides not to go? More changing again? I love DH family and mine, but we draw the line at add-ons in the room. Don't forget that the main reason there are limits per room is because of the lifeboat capacity.

Does she realize all the extra shuffling and work you have to do - I think it's a bit rude to add herself at the last minute. I would have suggested she get her own cabin

She honestly has no clue. To be fair, she has 5 kids from driving age to preschool, and just went through a divorce. She barely has time to breathe for the most part. She rarely gets away - she is not travelling with us so she booked flights. This will be the first time in her life that she's flown by herself!

Instead of driving to NOLA, why don't you guys take the Star repo cruise from NY to NOLA on Oct 21? ;);) and then go on your Nov 4 cruise? We are on that repo cruise.

Oh if only!!! Sadly, neither finances nor the school schedule of my 8 year old son would allow for that this year....someday, though!!!

Archived