Leaving and reboarding on embarkation day

Mt Lassen

You would think after thirteen cruises I would know the answer to this question. After boarding in Tampa can I leave the ship as long as I am back in time for the muster drill? Is getting back onboard the same as visited ports or will I have to get a zone number and wait to be called? Thanks.

If you already have your new card.. just skip the lines.. I held up my card and had no problem.

I met a couple on board the SPLENDOR that did it EXACTLY like this. Forgot a camera in their car. Went back to retrieve it (picked up some sunglasses outside the embarkation dome in the process).:)

You would think after thirteen cruises I would know the answer to this question. After boarding in Tampa can I leave the ship as long as I am back in time for the muster drill? Is getting back onboard the same as visited ports or will I have to get a zone number and wait to be called? Thanks.

Are we missing something here? Why would you get on, than get off on embarkation day? I'm scratching my head for the answer. Plus, you need to be on the ship 90 -120 minutes prior to to leaving also. I just don't see where you could possibly go that you couldn't go first before getting to the docks.

Are we missing something here? Why would you get on, than get off on embarkation day? I'm scratching my head for the answer. Plus, you need to be on the ship 90 -120 minutes prior to to leaving also. I just don't see where you could possibly go that you couldn't go first before getting to the docks.

I can see that the OP would want to drop to drop off his luggage, grab a bite to eat and then explore the surrounding areas a bit.

Yes, you are missing something that I purposely left out :)

What difference does it make.

I have had to do it more than once.

Once a HC lady left her insulin in the cooler in my car and didnt think of it for a couple of hours.. I had to move pretty fast .. and got warned leaving the board by everyone how late it was, to hurry back.

The other time was a B2B .. I checked in.. I had gotten a cold the first leg and needed to get to the drug store for cold meds (the ones on the ship were priced thru the roof).

There can be lots of reasons you want or need to get back off and back on the ship after you board.

Just so this doesn't get out of hand. We don't arrive until late Saturday evening and want to visit with friends in Tampa. We would do breakfast, but they won't be finished at church until around noon. We will have time for lunch near the pier and still be back onboard with time to spare.

On our last cruise out of San Diego, we took Amtrak to the port. We dropped our stuff off with the porters, checked in, then dropped off the backpack in the cabin. We left the ship and went downtown to buy wine, sodas, and flowers to take back on the ship. Would not have been easy hauling the luggage downtown.

Archived