Christmas decorations

cruising to paradise

We are on the Reflection beginning on December 8th. I hope they have the ship decorated by then. My partner is really looking forward to it and this is our Christmas present for each other.

We'll be on December 15. After reading you message I just realized the ship will probably be decorated. Now I'm super-excited.

We sailed on Dec 4 one year. They started putting up decorations several days into the cruise. Each morning there would be more areas decorated as you walked around the ship. The grand stair case and area leading to Michael's and the Specialty restaurants were especially lovely. This was on an S class ship.

We are sailing over New Years this year and cannot wait.

Mary Lou

We are leaving on a TA on Nov. 26. Do you think the ship will be decorated for Christmas? We have never cruised at that time , so are wondering when the decorations go up.:)

You should find that you wake up each morning to more Christmas decorations. If, like our 2 TAs, you start with Spanish ports, the decorations are likely to start with pointsetias being placed on the main staircase and near the elevators. It is a lovely build up to Christamas. And remember to have you photograph taken in a Christmas setting - great for the next year's Christmas card!

Sue

You should find that you wake up each morning to more Christmas decorations. If, like our 2 TAs, you start with Spanish ports, the decorations are likely to start with pointsetias being placed on the main staircase and near the elevators. It is a lovely build up to Christamas. And remember to have you photograph taken in a Christmas setting - great for the next year's Christmas card!

Sue

Totally agree, it's fun each morning to see the new decor that the "elves" did the night before!

We sailed over the Christmas holiday last year and what struck us was on the morning of final disembarkation we noticed the decorations had all been packed away overnight. There must have been a lot of frantic activity to pull all the wreathes and garlands down and have them packed away in a few hours.

We sailed over the Christmas holiday last year and what struck us was on the morning of final disembarkation we noticed the decorations had all been packed away overnight. There must have been a lot of frantic activity to pull all the wreathes and garlands down and have them packed away in a few hours.

What date did your cruise end? I was hoping that the decorations will still be up for our cruise starting 29 December. In the UK, we would not take them down until 12th Night.

Sue

What date did your cruise end? I was hoping that the decorations will still be up for our cruise starting 29 December. In the UK, we would not take them down until 12th Night.

Sue

We took a New Year's Eve cruise on the Connie this past year and the decorations were still up, although the gingerbread house village on the main staircase was a bit bedraggled! The decorations all were taken down during that first week of January.

We sailed on Dec 4 one year. They started putting up decorations several days into the cruise. Each morning there would be more areas decorated as you walked around the ship. The grand stair case and area leading to Michael's and the Specialty restaurants were especially lovely. This was on an S class ship.

We are sailing over New Years this year and cannot wait.

Mary Lou

That was our experience on the Equinox for Christmas 2010; and, the train was a nice touch. Also, the visit from Santa with gifts for the little ones was very nice.

On the Century last year the Christmas decorations started to appear around Thanksgiving, and as other posters have mentioned it was fun to see what decorations the "elves" had added during each night. The cruise ended on November 30th and I wondered if the elves had the ship fully decorated by that date or if there were more decorations added after we disembarked. Even though there were quite a few decorations by November 30th I suspect that more were added.

We took a New Year's Eve cruise on the Connie this past year and the decorations were still up, although the gingerbread house village on the main staircase was a bit bedraggled! The decorations all were taken down during that first week of January.

Thanks. We are hoping for more photographs for next year's Christmas card!

Sue

Archived