Breakaway Haven/Courtyard Covered?

KJE Atlanta

In the early artist renderings of the Haven/Courtyard on the Breakaway, it looks like it is open-air (like the Epic), however, in the latest construction photos, it looks like they have built a structure around what would be the top part of the Haven/Courtyard area. Do you think they've modified the design and are either going to enclose it or have a retractable solarium type roof (like the Jewel class ships) or do you think this is just scaffolding?

Here's one of the artist renderings from a while back (and still on NCL's website):

1024x768-BrkwyRenderHavenCourtyardDay.jpg?t=1350611652

And here is a recent pic from the shipyard:

Norwegian-Breakaway_MG_8714b.jpg?t=1350611332

Norwegian-Breakaway_MG_8714bd.jpg?t=1350611599

Given that she's going to sail out of NYC all year, it would seem to make sense to have the ability to enclose it when the weather is cold. Wouldn't that give people even more reason to book a Haven suite?

A Haven like on the Epic would be no good for NY sailings year round. I for one wouldn't book the Haven on the Epic if we were sailing out of NY in the winter. The highlight of having the Haven on the Gem this December is that we can still enjoy it when we have sea days.

The Breakaway Haven will have everything that they think the Epic needed to be corrected. I love the retractable roofs on the Pearl/Jewel and Gem. Don't get me wrong I do like the Haven on the Epic, but IMO it is too big and has too many suites.

Ok - just found this blurb on NCL's Breakaway microsite.... so yes, they have decided to add a retractable roof. Fantastic!

haven.jpg

They added the blurb several months ago - don't remember exactly when but before summer from what I recall. I haven't seen any renderings with the roof though. Your pictures are great to see what this may actually look like.

Archived