BVE and FCC

RMM34667

Just booked BVE for a close friend of my sister and her husband. The booking notification says: Each paid visitor will receive a $39 Future Cruise Credit (FCC) which can be applied toward a future cruise booking on Princess.

Does that mean my friend can book an upcoming Princess without an additional deposit? Or just the deposit will be $39 less?

Thanks, just asking because I thought (haven't done it yet) that a FCC would be used in place of a deposit. And she has expressed interest in joining us on the 10/29 Royal 5 day. If she can use as the deposit she may as well book that while on the ship!

Thanks.

So excited. Going to try to keep this a secret and not tell my mother till we board the ship. My sister and her have been best friends since they were 13. So she is like another daughter to my mother!

If she books a cruise within, I believe, three months, the $39 is added to the deposit amount so your final payment is $39 less. So, you do get the $39 back if you book the cruise... sort of.

FYI, in order to be able to board, each person will have to have their passport # or other ID in their Personalizer as well as a credit card. It's just like booking a cruise. You'll need the same docs.

For what it is worth. I asked that my $39 be applied to a cruise that I had already put a deposit on. Princess ok'd it. I had booked with my Travel Agent who discounts. I was told that the TA would hold back a small percentage of the $39 since they had offered me a discount. Found it a bit strange but have saved a boat load of money with this travel agent so I agreed. Just an FYI

[quote name='Pam in CA']If she books a cruise within, I believe, three months, the $39 is added to the deposit amount so your final payment is $39 less. So, you do get the $39 back if you book the cruise... sort of.

FYI, in order to be able to board, each person will have to have their passport # or other ID in their Personalizer as well as a credit card. It's just like booking a cruise. You'll need the same docs.[/quote]

Thanks that does answer my question.

I registered her on Princess.com and sent her instructions on how to get into the personalizer - it didn't just show up after I enter her booking stuff.

She is a past guest having sailed Princess and Sitmar in the 80s with my parents, but I didn't have the info when I called to book the BVE. I'm hoping she can get the credit for those cruises.

[quote name='RMM34667']Thanks that does answer my question.

I registered her on Princess.com and sent her instructions on how to get into the personalizer - it didn't just show up after I enter her booking stuff.

She is a past guest having sailed Princess and Sitmar in the 80s with my parents, but I didn't have the info when I called to book the BVE. I'm hoping she can get the credit for those cruises.[/QUOTE]

Just a suggestion while your friend is on the BVE she can apply for and purchase FCC letters by filling in the form and posting at the future cruise director's desk. This will give her the $100 deposit and some extra on board credit

[quote name='cruisefreaks'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]What is a BVE ? :confused:[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

With the Bon Voyage Experience guests get to come aboard the ship, have lunch, get a tour, and spend a few hours experiencing the ship. They then get off before we sail.

I know way back in the 80s you could that for free. I know once my parents were on a cruise that stopped on Boston and my sister and her friend (same one I booked this BVE for) were able to go aboard for awhile.

We also went on board a Princess ship in the 80's out of San Pedro. A friend of ours was going on their honeymoon cruise. I do remember having drinks but don't think there was any food available back then. So long ago.

Donna I did a search on the internet and found a list of the ships and dates and ports that would have the BVE. If you find a ship you then call Princess CS and they will forward you to the BVE desk and they will set you up. Just to let you know that even if you sign up for a BVE Princess can cancel the experience at any time.

[quote name='RMM34667']

I know way back in the 80s you could that for free. I know once my parents were on a cruise that stopped on Boston and my sister and her friend (same one I booked this BVE for) were able to go aboard for awhile.[/QUOTE]

True. I boarded a Cunard ship back in the mid-80s that my parents were sailing on. It was mid-cruise and I got to stay onboard for about 8 hours, eat dinner in the dining room and enjoy the evening entertainment all for free.

[quote name='Princess Patches']True. I boarded a Cunard ship back in the mid-80s that my parents were sailing on. It was mid-cruise and I got to stay onboard for about 8 hours, eat dinner in the dining room and enjoy the evening entertainment all for free.[/QUOTE]

I did that in the 70's when my grandmother was on a Princess ship. I was about 8 yrs. old and it was really fun to stay on the ship until it was time to sail away. Everyone threw streamers, had those popper things and it was a real celebration. (Think of all that junk that just dropped right into the ocean!)

Just do a google search or a thread search on this forum and you'll find out all about the BVE. Thinking of doing it myself just so I can get some more FCCs!

Here's a link to the ships, ports and dates with a BVE: [url]https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp[/url]

My parents took several cruises out of New York to the Caribbean in the 40's and 50's. My sister and I always got to board the ship and see their cabin.

You used to be able to board another Princess ship in the same port but 9/11 changed everything. For years afterwards, security was tight and no one without an official reason who wasn't sailing was allowed to board. The BVE is a good step backwards to being able to check out a ship before booking.

[quote name='Pam in CA']Here's a link to the ships, ports and dates with a BVE: [URL]https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp[/URL]

My parents took several cruises out of New York to the Caribbean in the 40's and 50's. My sister and I always got to board the ship and see their cabin.

You used to be able to board another Princess ship in the same port but 9/11 changed everything. For years afterwards, security was tight and no one without an official reason who wasn't sailing was allowed to board. The BVE is a good step backwards to being able to check out a ship before booking.[/quote]

Thanks for the link Pam. Good information.

[quote name='Pam in CA']Here's a link to the ships, ports and dates with a BVE: [URL]https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp[/URL]

You used to be able to board another Princess ship in the same port but 9/11 changed everything. For years afterwards, security was tight and no one without an official reason who wasn't sailing was allowed to board. The BVE is a good step backwards to being able to check out a ship before booking.[/quote]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=seagreen]I wonder if they are going to continue this. When I called they told me they have none scheduled past Dec. They said you can book it 120 days before sailing which would mean they should be taking reservations for sometime into February. But I was told there is nothing for January or February yet. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=seagreen]We are interested in the Ruby Princess BVE. We will be in the area in April. We will just have to wait and see if it becomes available. I sure hope they continue with the program. We haven't cruised with Princess since 1997 on the old Star Princess but are considering booking the 10 day Southern itinerary on the Emerald Princess for April 2014.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#2e8b57]Sharon[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived