Scenic Ocean View Rooms On Conquest

jbh1993

Please tell me about the forward scenic rooms on the lido deck of the conquest Rooms 9197,9198,9199. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. :D

Those cabins are only on Valor not on Conquest. Sunshine will also have them when she gets done.

This is one from the middle 6J

67554063130813361_Wd3ioCFf_c.jpg

This is one on the end 6K

67554063130813353_txOdnx6x_c.jpg

All conquest class ships used to have them, but they were converted to balconys on all but the one ship.

Fire .. the OP is asking about the very FWD cabins over the bridge.

The ones you mentioned were on port and starboard sides.

Valor

Cabin 9196, 9197, 9198, 9199 6J 230 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-double sofabed

View: window – floor-to-ceiling, forward view

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 4-closets; shower;

sofa, chair and coffee table

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11

Valor

Cabin 9200, 9201 6K 320 sq ft

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 4-closets; shower;

Edited by bbohbbneedacruise

Fire .. the OP is asking about the very FWD cabins over the bridge.

The ones you mentioned were on port and starboard sides.

Valor

Cabin 9196, 9197, 9198, 9199 6J 230 sq ft

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11

Valor

Cabin 9200, 9201 6K 320 sq ft

I get it .. just thought maybe he had mixed up something else with the 6Js which are not on Conquest.

Im sure thats what he meant.

sorry

Edited by firefly333

All conquest class ships used to have them, but they were converted to balconys on all but the one ship.

I wish I could find pictures of the cabins that were converted. I wonder if they still have the floor-to-ceiling windows. I am looking at the Valor for the scenic ocean view cabins and thought that the Liberty and the Destiny were the same, but read that the Liberty was converted to balcony and can not find any info or pictures.

I am confused - when I checked the Carnival website regarding the cabins on the lido deck (9196, 9197, 9198, 9199 6J) - the carnival rep stated that these were a 6J cabin. Are they?

Just thinking about maybe moving to one of these cabins on the Conquest - but would like to confirm that these are the floor to ceiling window cabins?

Can someone verify?

Sorry if this has been asked -

thanks

I am confused - when I checked the Carnival website regarding the cabins on the lido deck (9196, 9197, 9198, 9199 6J) - the carnival rep stated that these were a 6J cabin. Are they?

Just thinking about maybe moving to one of these cabins on the Conquest - but would like to confirm that these are the floor to ceiling window cabins?

Can someone verify?

thanks

Interesting to say the least.

Conquest is in dry dock right now and according to the deck plans on the Carnival site she has the 6J's, 6K's and the CS.

Something to look forward to.

Can someone verify?

thanks

I shot off an email last night to someone within the CCL family

The only information I was able to get ...

I believe they are but haven't gotten the final of what's been completed as if yet.

So my contact says YES they are being converted but does not have word as to what is completed so far.

Thanks for your reply. I think I will just keep what I have and/or wait for photos or others to confirm. I have also read that they if these are the floor to ceiling window cabins that the blinds must remain closed at night if your lights are on in your cabin (due to navigation) and they may or may not have lots of movement in this part of the ship.

The view does look amazing...

Maybe when I board - I will try to sneak a peek for next time.

thanks again

Thanks for your reply. I think I will just keep what I have and/or wait for photos or others to confirm. I have also read that they if these are the floor to ceiling window cabins that the blinds must remain closed at night if your lights are on in your cabin (due to navigation) and they may or may not have lots of movement in this part of the ship.

The view does look amazing...

Maybe when I board - I will try to sneak a peek for next time.

thanks again

I was 2nd to the front on Magic and no movement until the last night coming into Galveston when I got seasick and had to unpack to find seasick meds (already packed but luckily was doing self walk off so still had my suitcase).

If I had that much movement lower down.. it was way worse up top in the front .. you just do not know how much movement there will be. But the higher the deck and the further forward or aft the more you will get. true.

• 10 months later...

Do a search for scenic ocean view rooms on here and you will see some pics of the 2 different rooms. Windows are pretty much floor to ceiling. Have to keep the shades closed at night with the room lights on. We have 9200 on Glory October 13!! Will post pics when we return.

I had one of the floor to ceiling window cabins on the Conquest Spa deck before they changed them out to balconies and loved it. We rarely pulled the shades because there really wasn't a way for anyone to see us unless we were standing right at the window. Looking at the deck plan on the Carnival website there doesn't look like there is any kind of walkway out front so I would think that you could leave them open if you wanted to.

I had one of the floor to ceiling window cabins on the Conquest Spa deck before they changed them out to balconies and loved it. We rarely pulled the shades because there really wasn't a way for anyone to see us unless we were standing right at the window. Looking at the deck plan on the Carnival website there doesn't look like there is any kind of walkway out front so I would think that you could leave them open if you wanted to.

It's not about privacy with these new ones. It is required for the shades to be closed by orders of the bridge. It creates some sort of glare, with them being immediately above the bridge, so it effects their vision. I've heard that they must be closed even with all the lights off.

We had booked one of those that you had on the Conquest, but it was converted to balconies by the time we sailed. It would've been nice to have had one of these nice unique rooms (we can get plain ordinary balconies easily on any ship), but these new floor-to-ceiling window rooms are much harder to get now.

It's not about privacy with these new ones. It is required for the shades to be closed by orders of the bridge. It creates some sort of glare, with them being immediately above the bridge, so it effects their vision. I've heard that they must be closed even with all the lights off.

We had booked one of those that you had on the Conquest, but it was converted to balconies by the time we sailed. It would've been nice to have had one of these nice unique rooms (we can get plain ordinary balconies easily on any ship), but these new floor-to-ceiling window rooms are much harder to get now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me because I was wondering what it was all about. That makes sense. I truly did enjoy the room. We had storms a couple of nights and it was neat to be able to watch the lightning without having to get wet or sit right up against a window.

As long as your cabin lights are of the blinds can stay open.

Tidbit - cabin steward will close blinds during evening turndown service for you so you don't forget. Nothing like opening the blinds in the am and looking out to see or at the port from bed. Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 10 months later...
Looking forward to hearing about your experiences in one of these new rooms. We have one (9198) booked on the Conquest for January. So excited!

I would love to hear about your cabin and see pics if you have any. I have one for December. =]

I am in 9199 for Dec 2014. Any feedback on the room? I would LOVE to hear what you thought and see pics too!

I absolutely loved our rooms! Floor to ceiling windows. Amazing sunsets! Not sure how to send pictures on here. Can I email them?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app