I won

reneeadams

How long did it take to get a reply once you submit the names of the people going? I submitted my reply last night and still haven't heard back. I've never been to one of these and don't know how it works

Still waiting on the reply back also. When they do reply, it will be with instructions on where to go and a confirmation that you are to print out and bring with you.

Hopefully it will also include allowing us to park in the Erato St terminal as the next closest parking is going to be at the Riverwalk or on the other side of the Convention Center.

Dave

what is so hard to understand? you said a free cruise from a scavenger hunt.

Apparently you do it seems. This is a Carnival cruiseline forum, discussing an event by Carnival cruiseline, on a Carnival cruiseline ship, with the prize being given away by Carnival cruiseline. So obviously the cruise will be on Carnival cruiseline.

In the quote you replied to Carnival is mentioned twice along with John Heald who is the Senior Cruise Director for Carnival cruiseline.

So I had no reason to not assume you would know that the cruise being given away was on Carnival cruiseline. Because of that I was questioned your reply because you could have been referring to the impact on the VIP/embarkation line since I was also talking about boarding order for the ship.

Dave

Apparently you do it seems. This is a Carnival cruiseline forum, discussing an event by Carnival cruiseline, on a Carnival cruisline ship, with the prize being given away by Carnival cruiseline. So obviously the cruise will be on Carnival cruiseline.

I was questioned your reply because you could have been referring to the impact on the VIP/FTTF/embarkation line.

Dave

unfortunately, there is still no Carnival Corp board.

I am always suspicious of criminals getting

my personal information, are you sure this

email is from a legitimate source? have you

called Carnival to confirm, can you give the

information over the phone? I get emails

from Bank of America that looks real but

it's not and they want information.

I agree, I thought it sounded very fishy but I am just very cautious about things like that.

Oct 28th is tomorrow.. ship came home early because of Sandy.

Today is 28th. Tomorrow is 29th. (I only know because Halloween is Wednesday and every middle school teacher knows when that is because we dread it almost as much as April 1! Besides, it's also my birthday on Wednesday!)

My husband and I did this today. We had an absolute ball! We got to meet John Heald, enjoy free drinks, have a fabulous burger and fries from Guy's, etc. The scavenger hunt was a tremendous amount of fun -- we'll find out Wednesday who won the free cruise (fingers crossed!).

All in all, it was a really special way to spend a Sunday. I feel like I had a mini-vacation, and it was great to see the improvements to the Conquest. I will say it was unseasonably cool in Louisiana this weekend. It felt strange to explore a cruise ship in sweatshirt and jeans!

Anyway, we had so much fun. Thanks, Carnival, for a spectacular day!

Ohhbother

Can you tell me how to "tag" Carnival Cruise Lines, when posting pics from the scavenger hunt? I'm on Facebook but can't figure out how to tag them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hmmm normally I include businesses in the subject by using @theirname

Ohhbother

Can you tell me how to "tag" Carnival Cruise Lines, when posting pics from the scavenger hunt? I'm on Facebook but can't figure out how to tag them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry -- just now saw your question. I was never able to get the Facebook tags to work (even with the @ sign). I researched online, and it appears to be a sporadic Facebook bug. I just ended up putting everything on Pinterest and Youtube.

Just received an email from Social Networking. The winner of the Scavenger Hunt Cruise will be announced on Monday by email. They did not say if they would post it anywhere else. Sooo whoever gets the email, please post on Cruise Critic so we know who the lucky person was. GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

I ended up doing it both ways in Facebook. By tagging, I would get permission denied. But if you were to tag it, a menu list comes up. Use the up arrow to deselect the highlighted item on the list and then hit enter. It would then tag the photo with Carnival Cruise Lines but it would not be linked. So I then used the @Carnival Cruise Lines in the description to link to them.

The rule stated to tag in the picture or the post, so I figured I would have it covered both ways.

Dave

Archived