Soda card/pass

princesstiffany

I have never pre paid for soda on a cruise. My DH wants to do it this time. Do we have to choose and pay for this before the cruise? Do we opt and pay for it when we get our sign and sail card, through guest services after boarding, or when? Does this only inlude fountain drinks or also canned soda and bottled water?

It is ONLY for canned soda. Carnival doesnt have fountain soda to my knowledge. Does not include bottled water, only soda and juice.

Its $6 a day plus 15% tip. You can prepay or buy it up on lido after you board, or the next day to save one days cost.

I have never pre paid for soda on a cruise. My DH wants to do it this time. Do we have to choose and pay for this before the cruise? Do we opt and pay for it when we get our sign and sail card, through guest services after boarding, or when? Does this only inlude fountain drinks or also canned soda and bottled water?

It is $7.00 a day per person so for example on a 7 day cruise the Bottomless Beverages package would be $49.00 plus the 15% gratuity. You pay for it when you arrive onboard. We always buy it at the Atrium Bar when we first arrive. You will pay for it through your sail and sign card onboard.

It applies to canned pop but the bartender won't give you the whole can. They will pour it on ice. So you are roughly getting about half a can every time. You can also order juice at any bar...pineapple, orange, apple, tomato. But not bottled water.

I hope this answers your questions

If you buy the soda card after the ship sales and is in international waters they do not charge you taxes when docked at port. Also if you don't plan to drink any soda/juice on the 1st day you can get a soda card the 2nd day and they charge you 1 less day. I found that they use large glassed with ice and they actually pour the whole can into the glass of ice (not 1/2 a can). This is my experience.

It is $2 a can plus tax and tip. If you get 3 drinks a day it pays for itself. They also have free iced tea and lemonade all day and at dinner. FYI you can also carry on (must be carried) 12 can/bottles (less than 20oz) per person when you board.

It is $7.00 a day per person so for example on a 7 day cruise the Bottomless Beverages package would be $49.00 plus the 15% gratuity. You pay for it when you arrive onboard. We always buy it at the Atrium Bar when we first arrive. You will pay for it through your sail and sign card onboard.

It applies to canned pop but the bartender won't give you the whole can. They will pour it on ice. So you are roughly getting about half a can every time. You can also order juice at any bar...pineapple, orange, apple, tomato. But not bottled water.

I hope this answers your questions

when did it go up to $7 a day.. was $6 a day for adults and $4.50 a day for children last I read.

It was my DHs experience that they would pour his soda from a can. You may or may not get a fresh can. About half the time the diet cokes my DH got were from already opened cans. He never got the whole can. Never. I don't know if he only got half a can, it seemed like it was more than that. I didn't purchase the BB and when I got a soda I got the whole can and a glass with ice.

It was my DHs experience that they would pour his soda from a can. You may or may not get a fresh can. About half the time the diet cokes my DH got were from already opened cans. He never got the whole can. Never. I don't know if he only got half a can, it seemed like it was more than that. I didn't purchase the BB and when I got a soda I got the whole can and a glass with ice.

I saw in the MDR that every time they brought a whole can and a glass of ice. One lady with only her own soda card was ordering for 3 people and got 3 cans each night for her, hubby and kid... on one soda card .. whole cans each time. (and I saw this at more than one table in the MDR on more than one cruise.

So it may depend on where you order it from. Bars, yes, they dont give the cans with the soda card, just pour a glass out of the can.

Thank you all so very much for the information. I have a follow on question but please don't pre judge me. If my DH gets the soda option do I have to get it too since we are in the same cabin? I am totally not trying to steal soda. I don't drink it at all- ever. I am just trying to figure out the cost benefit. Last time we just paid for his sodas. Also when you all say juice- is that canned juice and what kind? Thank you!!!

Thank you all so very much for the information. I have a follow on question but please don't pre judge me. If my DH gets the soda option do I have to get it too since we are in the same cabin? I am totally not trying to steal soda. I don't drink it at all- ever. I am just trying to figure out the cost benefit. Last time we just paid for his sodas. Also when you all say juice- is that canned juice and what kind? Thank you!!!

Only he can buy it, you dont have to. Its the juices the use at the bar, like the bloody mary mix, or tomato juice.. I dont know how it comes to be honest, guess I wasnt paying attention to how juice comes.

but its individual .. each or neither can buy it.

You do not have to get the soda card. Juice is whatever Carnival uses as mixers in the bars. Canned or in Plastic containers. Definetly not fresh squeezed.

The soda card breakeven is 3-4 sodas a day.

Thank you all again! My DH only drinks a soda a day so we probably won't choose this option. I am sorry if I am belaboring the point but I do like juice and I normally get it from the lido in the morning. Could I get better juise from the bars using the soda option?

what is better?? Different juices.

Only OJ and mango type juice that is not really juice in the buffet... its a juice cocktail. Oh and there is apple juice usually.

Most ships unfortunately don't have fountain only canned. but that being said I know for a fact the 3 times we sailed on Fascination some bars has coke, diet coke, sprite on a fountain. So while I am not sure I am guessing this may be something on the Fantasy class ships.

We got the whole can when we got soda with the BB card. and yes, they will put it into your insulated cup for you. You have to take the cover off for them but they will put it in. They also sell a cup for $5 (i think) when you buy the BB card. $10 if you dont buy it at the same time.

There are ways around the card too. If he only has get a soda a day, there is no reason you cant go to a bar and get the soda and give it to him. Obviously not in front of the bartender though. They use the same cups so no one would know. Cheating I know, but it is done.

You do not have to get the soda card. Juice is whatever Carnival uses as mixers in the bars. Canned or in Plastic containers. Definetly not fresh squeezed.

The soda card breakeven is 3-4 sodas a day.

It breaks even at ship prices. At +$50.00 for soda, I usually just bring a case and reload on shore if we need to, but we usually don't. Saves us a few bucks to spend on whatever.

What have peoples experience been with soda card service in the MDR? I have heard the bar waiter ignores you since you are not making them money....

I have also heard shirley temples with the BB card are a maybe? Experiences with that?

Thanks...

Most ships unfortunately don't have fountain only canned. but that being said I know for a fact the 3 times we sailed on Fascination some bars has coke, diet coke, sprite on a fountain. So while I am not sure I am guessing this may be something on the Fantasy class ships.

Haven't seen fountains on Paradise, Elation or Inspiration.

princesstiffany--

You are allowed to bring on 12-20oz sodas/waters/juices onboard with you. Also you can bring them back from port.

What have peoples experience been with soda card service in the MDR? I have heard the bar waiter ignores you since you are not making them money....

I have also heard shirley temples with the BB card are a maybe? Experiences with that?

Thanks...

Last cruise (Inspiration in February) with DD she ordered Shirley Temples in the MDR. The bar server was great. First drink was almost red with Grenadine. Every time he came around he would fill her glass up with more soda. By the end it was just the right color.

There have been a bartender or two over our cruises that would charge for the Shirley Temples. Balked and it was corrected. Then avoided those bartenders. Happened maybe twice in almost 20 cruises.

• 4 weeks later...

I am water picky, I just am and I can't change that. I did try to drink the water last trip and it did not work for me and I just ended up drinking a lot of fruit punch and lemonade. But I prefer sugar free punch so I don't really want to mess with that again. However 80% of what I drink on a daily basis is water. I was thinking of bringing a refillable bottle and some crystal light type packs to help with the flavor.

But I was thinking, If I bought a soda card can I use it for mixer type items. I love ginger ale and club soda (I also like bloody mary mix, but I know all three of these items are not considered traditional soda or juice by a lot of resort bars) and when I do drink soda I do either coke zero or plain coke. So that might work if I could use it towards the first couple of items as well as my occasional soda.

Would that fit the definition of soda and juice?

Untrue. Kathy ordered soda at dinner, and a subsequent refill, on the first night using the card. After that, the waiter brought her soda every night almost as soon as she sat down, with a refill whenever her glass got low, without being asked.

I noticed that the aft bar on Liberty had soda fountain service. No other bar that I saw had it. I was surprised because I'd thought CCL was a cans-only line.

That aft bar is also open 'til 3am whereas all the main Lido bars close at 12:30am.....but don't tell anyone. :)

We had the BB program after the first day (bought it the second day to save some $). On our cruise the circulating drinks-lady tried to get us the right sodas but got them wrong a few times, and we only got refills two out of the four nights we were there. She DID ignore the gent at our table who had ordered wine the first two nights, though. :o I don't think the BB program was the deciding factor either way.

(Needless to say, that was a pretty lousy MDR.)

Archived