Will there be free internet while in Ports during my Mariner of the Seas TA

texasnana

If we bring our ipad will there be free internet at ports? Can i pick internet for the ipad while docked?

Also will it fit in the safe?

Don't know if it will fit in the safe, we have never had a problem with any of our electronics disapperaing from our room.

We have found hot spots in many ports, depends on where you are going.

I know St Kitts has it in the shopping area in sa few hot spots, also there is a bar at the end of the peir on Antigua that has it.

Just look around at where the crew is, you will see people sitting on benches etc with thier laptops.

"Free" is relative. There are very few absolutely free internet spots. However, there are some places (coffee shops, bars, restaurants) that offer "free" WIFI, but you have to make a purchase at their shop in order to get the password to log in. There are also places in the port area that offer internet rates that are much lower than the ship rates.

An ipad should fit into the safe. I have a Toshiba netbook and it fits into the safes. Most of the time, I just put it in a drawer and don't bother locking it up. I put it in the safe on my last cruise because we were doing an overnight trip off the ship and I didn't want to bring my laptop.

If we bring our ipad will there be free internet at ports? Can i pick internet for the ipad while docked?

Also will it fit in the safe?

Nassau has free wi-fi at the pier, when you go into that shopping area. You dont even need to buy anything. But it is not a very strong signal and it is not very fast.

My ipad has fit into every RCI I've been on, but I haven't been on all of them yet. But I assume they are all the same type safe.

You'll have to do some research regarding ports and free wifi. I just did it for almost all of the caribbean ports. Here on cruisecritic, go down to the ports section, click on the port you'll be stopping. click on search this forum and type in free wifi or wifi and you'll get an answer. You can also do this on trip advisor (same concept).

When I was doing my research, I did come across some good advice. Be careful of your surrounds, often thieves lurk around freewifi hotspots in order to steal your electronics. I'm not sure what ports you are going to, but be careful.

Archived