Loyalty Schemes

Just a dumb question that i need to know the answer. Does taking a cruise on Celebrity or Carnival earn loyalty points on Crown and Anchor or Captains circle?

Like a P&O cruise does count towards your Captains Circle.

Just seeing if anyone knows and can stop this debate we are having at work.

Thanks

Steve:D

Edited by poppetts

Hi there

firstly celebrity

any cruise you do in celebrity counts only for captains club

but once you hit elite in celebrity it counts for all the diamond perks on rccl

and the lower level for platinum in rccl

you however don't get the points within rccl only the benefits

to go up a level in rccl you need to actually earn them on rccl

carnival does not aquate to anything for princess captains circle

the only points that cross over are P&O uk or australia

so hal is by itself

cunard is by itself

carnival is by itself

cheers

Greg

carnival is by itself

/QUOTE]

This is not true for the Carnival Spirit which has been made an exception to the rule and cruises on here count towards the Captains Circle, this is due to the fact that the ship is being run by Carnival Australia and not by the head Carnival brand.

It seems a little unreasonable that my elite level on Princess does not get me anything on P & O Australia and yet if I had done all my cruises on P & O they would count towards loyalty levels on Princess? Have I got that right...

Sue

Yes this is due to the fact P&O still doesn't have a loyalty program. Although with the growing market they should be getting one soon.

It seems a little unreasonable that my elite level on Princess does not get me anything on P & O Australia and yet if I had done all my cruises on P & O they would count towards loyalty levels on Princess? Have I got that right...

Sue

yes you have that right

I am elite with princess and done numerous P&O cruises but all i get on board with P&O is a bottle of wine

I was surprised when I asked TA about the rewards from Carnival Spirit cruise counting towards my Princess Captains Circle, but alas it doesn't work the other way since my May cruise is my first with Carnival.

Never mind I get my free internet this December as we are now Platinum.

carnival is by itself

/QUOTE]

This is not true for the Carnival Spirit which has been made an exception to the rule and cruises on here count towards the Captains Circle, this is due to the fact that the ship is being run by Carnival Australia and not by the head Carnival brand.

Well I personally have no idea, but this sounds as if your Spirit cruise does count for something towards Princess.

Well I personally have no idea, but this sounds as if your Spirit cruise does count for something towards Princess.

I rung Carnival and was told that no points would go towards my Captains Circle, although they would still give my DH military discount.

I was suspecting they may do that as the other carnival ships are not that accessible to aussies and hence count the spirit as being an aussie boat now to you quota

I have also heard they are aboutto change gianing points off P&O into princess as it looks like a loyalty programme is about to start with P&O

cheers

I have also heard they are aboutto change gianing points off P&O into princess as it looks like a loyalty programme is about to start with P&O

cheers

Dont hold yourbreath waiting for it to happen ....

they have been saying that for years..:eek::D:D

• 1 year later...

We have cruised with Carnival (internationally) many times so when we cruised on the Spirit out of Australia I was told that that cruise would be counted on our loyalty program, which it has. But even though the Spirit is over here under the P&O umbrella the cruises on her do not count on the P&O tally.. Only the Carnival Cruise Lines (American site) program.

Edited by aussie2324