Jet Blue

OC Mom

I havew flown Jet Blue several times from NY to Florida. They are my preferred airline if they take me where I want to go. They serve the usual beverages & offer Blue potato chips, cookies, snacks etc. The stewards bring a basket of goodies around each row & ask you to choose which you want then go back & get it & bring it to your seat. Kinda like a restaurant ordering off a menu. There are tv screens in the back of each headreast showing tv shows,movies & sports programs. There is not much to like about this airline. If you can also choose from Song Air (Delta offspring) I would chose them as well. Almost identical except they have trivia on the tv screens where you can play against other passengers on that same flight.

Dyanna

Finally found this blurb about food/drinks on their website..JetBlue serves complimentary juices, soft drinks, coffee and snacks on all flights. JetBlue does not serve meals. Cocktails are $4.00, and beer and wine are $3.00 on all flights.

If you want to eat a meal bring it with you or buy it before you get on the plane. At JFK they have a snack bar that sells sandwiches etc. Jet Blue is the best airline I have traveled in the last few years...I'd fly them any where and bring my own food!!!!!

If you want to eat a meal bring it with you or buy it before you get on the plane. At JFK they have a snack bar that sells sandwiches etc. Jet Blue is the best airline I have traveled in the last few years...I'd fly them any where and bring my own food!!!!!

Great to hear everyone like Jet Blue. The pics online look really nice. We are flying into FLL on a red eye so food isn't such a big deal, but we need to pack some for going home midday.

I don't think JetBlue lets you book one way flights. It says on their website that if when you check in you have to show them your return ticket. I kept trying to book airfare on JetBlue for our cruise January 28th, and as of last week, they still weren't booking that far out and all the other airlines were. I finally found airfare for $296 per person on American Airlines from Denver to San Juan. I have heard only good things about JetBlue, but didn't want to wait any longer to book my air.

Theresa K

I chose Jet Blue for my flight out of Long Beach, CA to Ft Lauderdale, Fl just this past April. The flight was good, no food was served but there were snacks. Inside the Long Beach airport you can buy sandwiches, drinks, chips, etc and bring them on the plane with you. I also took the red eye flight and got to Ft. Lauderdale at 5:30am the next day. Make sure you check with the hotel prior to arriving and make sure they accept early check-ins at that hour in the morning. Many don't, fortunately I was.:) Have a great vacation.

Roberta

I also took the red eye flight and got to Ft. Lauderdale at 5:30am the next day. Make sure you check with the hotel prior to arriving and make sure they accept early check-ins at that hour in the morning. Many don't, fortunately I was.:) Have a great vacation.

I am taking the same red eye flight. To save money (July was expensive!) we are flying in the day of the cruise. We will travel from FLL to Miami, but I'm not sure what we'll do to fill our time before we head over to the port for embarkation later that morning. We are staying in a Miami hotel after the cruise because all of the afternoon flights were soooo expensive.

Jet Blue allows you to purchase "one-way" tickets on their website.

Haven;t used them yet, but if they ever fly out of Philly, you can bet I'll check them out. I emailed them about Philly last week, and they said it is not in their immediate plans, but they would forward my interests :D

A~:)

I flew Jetblue for the first time this past March, Boston to Ft. Lauderdale. I found this airline to be great in every way. You will enjoy it.

Next year, I have booked Song, Jetblue hadn't come out with their schedules and Song had a great price, so I grabbed it, but I wouldn't hesitate to book and fly Jetblue.

jet blue does let you book 1 way. I am flying to Fl. on Continental and back on Jet Blue next weekend. it worked out cheaper to do that, rather than a round trip with either of them. Love Jet Blue. Would have preferred them both ways, but for a relatively short trip, the significant cost difference didn't make this particular trip worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think JetBlue lets you book one way flights. It says on their website that if when you check in you have to show them your return ticket. I kept trying to book airfare on JetBlue for our cruise January 28th, and as of last week, they still weren't booking that far out and all the other airlines were. I finally found airfare for $296 per person on American Airlines from Denver to San Juan. I have heard only good things about JetBlue, but didn't want to wait any longer to book my air.

Theresa K

It definitely lets you book one way--the prices it quotes for you are one way fares.

I love jetblue. I've flown BOS-OAK/SJC many times, and they're my favorite airline along with UA.

They don't serve food, but they do serve snacks. They don't ration them either. If you want something, ask for it, and they'll give it to you.

having satellite TV to kill 6 hours with is pretty nice.

When picking your seats, choose ones behind the exit rows--they have 2 extra inches of legroom.

They also have great customer service. Everytime I've had a problem (not often at all) it's been resolved quickly, and painlessly. I was flying home from school and finished packing quicker than expected, called them up and asked if there were any seats on an earlier flight, was told no, but I'd be put on standby. After calling back a couple times to check with them again, I'd had a few conversations with the supervisor who told me she'd personally keep checking if space had cleared until her shift ended at midnight (a good 7 hours later), at which point she actually called me back and let me know she got me on the flight.

My only complaint is the FF program isn't all that great. It'd be nice if your points didn't expire after a single year.

Archived