Post Cruise Charges

pollywaffle

Have just returned from Nautica "European Shores". On my return home I checked my bank statement and found three debits have been made to my Mastercard dated over a week after I left the ship. I had a nil balance on disembarking....has this happened to anyone else....how did you resolve it?

Have just returned from Nautica "European Shores". On my return home I checked my bank statement and found three debits have been made to my Mastercard dated over a week after I left the ship. I had a nil balance on disembarking....has this happened to anyone else....how did you resolve it?

Yes once. It was resolved in a matter of days by our TA. We sent copies of our zeroed out invoice from the ship and the charge account bill and the refund was made very promptly.:)

If the charges were not incurred by you,then I can't imagine that you would have even asked this question.

If the transactions are legitimate charges, but were delayed in being "posted to your Account" until after you left the ship, then I believe that you will have to pay.

Any time that a Cruise Line or Hotel advances credit in the form of charging things to the room, the fine print ALWAYS says so. :rolleyes:

If the charged amounts are not correct contact Master card and dispute those charges. Then it is up to to the other party to prove the charges are correct.

I would contact the cruiseline to find out what the charges are before contacting the Credit Card company.

I agree. Find out what the charges were for before contacting Mastercard. Possibly they are legitimate charges that were not posted before you disembarked. However, should they be wrong do not hesitate to contest them.

Thanks for all your replies. I did contact Oceania who promised to get back to me with an explanation.....nothing forthcoming as yet. However, the three charges have been withdrawn from my Mastercard Account, one at a time, over a three day period. We always keep any receipts for shipboard purchases and side trips and were sure that we didn't incur these charges.:confused:

Archived