First Princess cruise on Grand Suite B750

beaniele

We are thinking of taking the round trip cruise to Alaska from San Francisco next year. We are use to cruising on Crystal and Regent. Crystal does not do Alaska. Regent does Alaska but for half the cost we are looking at Grand Princess Suite B750.

Any comments on this cabin? I need to make a decision today. Regent is just gotten so expensive and the Navigator is not my favorite ship so thought of doing Princess, I know a big ship but sometimes that looks like it could be fun. Thanks.

We are thinking of taking the round trip cruise to Alaska from San Francisco next year. We are use to cruising on Crystal and Regent. Crystal does not do Alaska. Regent does Alaska but for half the cost we are looking at Grand Princess Suite B750.

Any comments on this cabin? I need to make a decision today. Regent is just gotten so expensive and the Navigator is not my favorite ship so thought of doing Princess, I know a big ship but sometimes that looks like it could be fun. Thanks.

The Grand Princess is a very nice but old ship. Some areas will show there age, especially areas exposed to the sea. It had a major dry dock in 2011. It carries 2600 passengers and has a nice passenger to public space ratio. There are lots a indoor lounges and show areas for the evening. You should not feel crowded.

B750 is a nice cabin. Somewhere on this message board I remember seeing a photo of it. Here are the amenities you will receive as a suite passenger: http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Here is the photo: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1724672

I have to ask, are you in B750 (Vista Suite) or one of the actual Grand Suites on the Grand Princess that are on the Lido deck? They are totally different cabins, so just curious.

The Grand Suite on the Sapphire Princess is totally different from the Grand/Princess Suites on the Grand. They are in the 700 sq ft. size and on the side of the ship. Here is our pictures of the GS on the Grand. We have been in several GS cabins.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/549354730ECCdXE?start=0

The cabins I like the best on this ship are the Penthouse Cabins on the Caribe deck. They have the best balcony's in my opinion. The Vista Suites are nice also, and I would never turn one down, but there are some differences.

B750 is the Owners Suite on the Grand on the aft. We noticed that the aft really jumps, had to be careful moving around in the room. We even almost lost our plates on the balcony table as we were dining. Bottle of wine had to watch. Very nice room though, would book GS over OS if cruising the Grand again. We have had several aft suites and it seems that since they took the handle off it really moves more than the other ships. Our neighbors in the PH noticed the same thing. We were on a Caribbean cruise (Eastern) very little seas.

Thanks for all the info. Decided to go on Regent Navigator because I love the Alaska itinerary leaving from S. F. May 10, same day as the Princess cruise I was thinking about.

I hope you have a great cruise and would love to know how it goes.

We are seriously considering future cruises on Regent.

Mike:)

Cruising Regent & Princess are 2 totally different experiences, Princess is more like a poorer cousin of Crystal. Having sailed all, I continue to sail Princess as the price is a fraction of the others & we are able to sail very frequently from Fl without air. As for Alaska, having being stationed in Fairbanks for 2 yrs, I would not recommend going at that time because of the weather.

Archived