Denali Princess lodge to pick up Eielson shuttle

petlady7

I think with so many people on the shuttles with eyes glued for wildlife I would prefer the driver kept his eyes on the road !!

Excellent point, and believe me the road is scary in places. I had read so much about Denali before my trip, but did not recall reading anything about the scariness of the road. I honestly prayed my driver didn't have a heart attack while driving us through the park. It was that scary to me. On our trip, the driver actually asked if anyone wanted to switch sides of the bus at one point. I managed okay, but believe me I was praying up a storm. My good friend would not have been able to handle this road at all. She could not handle Highway 1 in CA and they had to detour at the first opportunity. On the other hand, I had no problems with Highway 1 in CA.

I know our driver seemed to be in communication with other drivers. They let each other know where they had spotted wildlife and then when we would be in that area our driver would slow down and we would all look for the wildlife. It is definitely a group effort. At the beginning of our Alaska trip, I wasn't too good at spotting wildlife, but by the last few days I had really improved and was proud of my new found skill. :D

What??? No cameras on the Denali Shuttle Busses? Out of all the reading I have done in the past 10 months this is the first time I have heard of this and I'm shocked! Is this so????

Of course you can take cameras on the buses !!! Where did you read that you couldn't ?

Of course you can take cameras on the buses !!! Where did you read that you couldn't ?

mixed up "reference" with own cameras and the tour buses video camera operated by the bus driver, which Frugal nicely addressed. :)

Archived