ship's time vs. local time

rjm11

Does NCL make it easy on me and keep ship's time the same as local time? I'm traveling the western caribbean itinerary and having trouble keeping track of central, daylight savings, not daylight savings, etc...... We did this same itinerary last year, but I did mostly ship excursions and therefore didn't really care- now I'm trying to plan my own and it's confusing... I do remember that the time seemed to change daily on the ship, so I'm hopeful that's what they were doing...

Until our Canada cruise last month I would have completely agreed with Roger....but, for some inexplicable reason, when we were ported in Newfoundland which is 1/2 an hour different from Nova Scotia, they didn't change ships time by 1/2 hour one night and then 1/2 the next as we were headed to Nova Scotia, instead ships time was moved 1 hour. While I don't think this is typical AT ALL, apparently on occasion NCL's ship time doesn't align with port time:mad:

Perfect! Thanks, that's what I was hoping.... so if we dock at 8:00am, and the excursion wants to meet at 10am, I have plenty of time as long as I remember to change my clocks!

Or, use the ship's wake up call system. I don't even bother with a clock anymore as too many times I'm brain dead.

When I was on the Epic western in 2010, the ship time changed frequently to match local/port time. Even between Cozumel and Roatan the time changed. Both are on central time, but one observed daylight savings and the other didn't. We received notices each night of the change. The room clocks and the time display on the TV also changed.

Archived