Transfer from Port CIVITAVECCHIA to FCO Rome airport

Travel3

That is so odd. We flew out of Rome last summer after cruise and check-in was a breeze. The hardest part was finding our airline because most of the bigger headings on check-in counters say Alitalia. We checked in at counter - gave our luggage - got our boarding passes and proceeded to security -- we didn't have a "double security check" or take anything out of bags other than computer.

It was quite easy - we were flying Air France business class back to US.

That is so odd. We flew out of Rome last summer after cruise and check-in was a breeze. The hardest part was finding our airline because most of the bigger headings on check-in counters say Alitalia. We checked in at counter - gave our luggage - got our boarding passes and proceeded to security -- we didn't have a "double security check" or take anything out of bags other than computer.

It was quite easy - we were flying Air France business class back to US.

But- you probably didn't go direct to the US, you went to Paris first. Direct to US flights have higher security in Europe. You had standard security at Rome, then another round of security at Paris.

Two years ago we flew Rome-Frankfurt-SFO. There was clearly an extra level of security at Frankfurt. This year, we flew SFO-Frankfurt and back. Again, the security for our direct to US flight was higher than even our security in SFO.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Even if your Air France flight did go direct to the US, it would still go out of T3, just as Alitalia direct to the US flights do. The security issue is perceived to be with US branded airlines (as well as ElAl), which is why these flights leave from a "more secure" terminal.

Edited by euro cruiser

• 2 years later...
Im all for extra security....

we will get off the ship at 7, have a private car take us to airport...all arranged....and then hope for the best....flight on aircanada direct is at 11:30....

if there are no what ifs....we should be ok....

Hi Beachchairs2 - just wondering if you made your flight?

Air Canada flights depart from T3, so you'll be there well in advance. You may have to wait at the check in area for the desks to be assigned and to open because you'll be there so early.

If I have a 12:30 flight out of FCO via Air Canada, with a stop in Toronto on the way back to the US and I am off the ship by 730 should I be okay? What would be the latest I could be off the ship with a private transfer?

If I have a 12:30 flight out of FCO via Air Canada, with a stop in Toronto on the way back to the US and I am off the ship by 730 should I be okay? What would be the latest I could be off the ship with a private transfer?

You'll be fine. You should shoot for being at the terminal between 10:00 - 10:30, which means departing the port between 9:00 - 9:30, at the latest.

I am in a different situation where I need information on how to get from the port to the airport at a reasonable cost with 2 people travelling.

I have found a company that allow you to book a coach transfer for 20euro per person but can find out nothing about their reliability etc.

I have tried searching the forum for any information on transfers but can find nothing. If someone can steer me in the right direction please:)

I am in a different situation where I need information on how to get from the port to the airport at a reasonable cost with 2 people travelling.

I have found a company that allow you to book a coach transfer for 20euro per person but can find out nothing about their reliability etc.

I have tried searching the forum for any information on transfers but can find nothing. If someone can steer me in the right direction please:)

Just to be sure we're on the same page, are you referring to Smart Cruise Tours's bus service to the airport? Link here: http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/airport-transfers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=12&product_id=103

I don't have any experience with them but I'm sure someone here does.

Hi Euro cruiser

Yes Smart cruise tours is the one I had found. Great price and just what we need.

I am looking at a flight around 1 to 2pm so we are not in a mad rush to get there but do of course need someone reliable. We like to get to the airport around 2 1/2 to 3 hours ahead.

If anyone has any feed back from having used them in Civitavecchia port it would be much appreciated.

If not if there is someone else reasonably priced that can be recommended.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, are you referring to Smart Cruise Tours's bus service to the airport? Link here: http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/airport-transfers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=12&product_id=103

I don't have any experience with them but I'm sure someone here does.

Hi Euro cruiser

Yes Smart cruise tours is the one I had found. Great price and just what we need.

I am looking at a flight around 1 to 2pm so we are not in a mad rush to get there but do of course need someone reliable. We like to get to the airport around 2 1/2 to 3 hours ahead.

If anyone has any feed back from having used them in Civitavecchia port it would be much appreciated.

If not if there is someone else reasonably priced that can be recommended.

Thank you so much, I looked at that site and I am doing more research to see how reliable they are, if I find anything I will let you know, but that is a great price to get to the airport. My flight leaves at 12:50. I was thinking about using NCL but they want 75 a person