Senior Citizen cabin rate

Roadtripster

This is my first time being able to choose the senior citizen rate. I was wondering how many of you use this option and is it worth it? I see that they choose your cabin, so I am leary as to if we will get a bad location, etc.... or are they pretty consistent in choosing something appropriate.

Senior rate usually pops up close to the sailing, a more last minute rate to fill the ship.

The rate will not affect selecting your cabin. They dont say oh this person is old so we will put them near a elevator, sorry.

Ive never gotten a bad cabin from a gty .. only from one time I got a so called "free" cruise, just pay taxes and fees and that one was horrible .. next to the engine in a cabin used for storage.

Other than that one time.. my gtys have been fine. senior rates can be gtys or on higher categorys you pick the cabin.. Ive seen them as both.

We have used the 55 and over rate several times and we were always able to pick our stateroom either a balcony or OS.

We like to choose our cabins, it's the only way we would sail.

Call Carnival and see if they can assign you a cabin.

Good luck!

We have used the 55 and over rate several times and we were always able to pick our stateroom either a balcony or OS.

We like to choose our cabins, it's the only way we would sail.

Call Carnival and see if they can assign you a cabin.

Good luck!

sometimes.. let say the 4A is sold out..so they offer a gty price instead.. and then a price for the 4B where you pick the cabin.

OP probably wants the cheapest cabin.

I just got assigned a inside gty, a 4C near the aft stairs next to the elevators. I havent looked that close.. hope its not under the kitchen, but oh well.

I got lido deck the last two times. So I cant complain about my gtys, they have all been pretty decent.

I've been shopping various cruises lately, prior to deciding on the Dream. It looked like on some sailings the senior rate did not let you choose your cabin, while on others you did get to choose....

I have gotten guarantee (they pick for you) cabins on quite a few of my cruises. Usually you will know your cabin number some weeks before the cruise. One time, we had the farthest forward inside cabin on the Riviera deck, and I wasn't in the mood for that much walking, so once the cabin had been assigned, I paid for an upgrade to a more convenient cabin.

One time, I did not know my location until I arrived at the dock, but usually you know sooner. If you don't like the location, you can pay to get a better location.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise. And bring your earplugs, because although some locations are pretty much guaranteed to have some nightime noise, any location CAN have that noise, depending on who is next door to you, or who hangs out in the corridor with the loud drunk-talk. None of those things happen often, but there is no point in losing sleep over them. Take earplugs. Keep them near the bed.

I've been able to take advantage of senior rates for awhile now- sometimes a gty, others with a confirmed cabin. Most times with a gty, by checking available cabins within your category you can figure out where you may end up. I'm lost with this cruise (Conquest)- 3 cabins available in my category when I booked a gty- 3 days later none- 2 weeks later 50+, another week none, a week later 4 pop up- still throughout it all I have no assignment- I'm just hoping for an upgrade to a suite-sweet:D

Good luck- it's a win/win with gty's

I've been able to take advantage of senior rates for awhile now- sometimes a gty, others with a confirmed cabin. Most times with a gty, by checking available cabins within your category you can figure out where you may end up. I'm lost with this cruise (Conquest)- 3 cabins available in my category when I booked a gty- 3 days later none- 2 weeks later 50+, another week none, a week later 4 pop up- still throughout it all I have no assignment- I'm just hoping for an upgrade to a suite-sweet:D

Good luck- it's a win/win with gty's

I just got mine for this cruise, nothing special and not one that was ever listed as available.

Your method has never worked for me.. I never get a cabin of the type that is showing as unbooked.. the upsell fairy must get busy and stir them all up.. and I get something completely different.

They could have waited to assign me.. I like them to wait until the last minute. I always think better chance of a upgrade.

I was looking at the Senior Rate for the Magic for quite a while...

I did a search one day & an inside cabin was at $339pp for the 7 day cruise...

Wife was in Japan so didn't book it... :(

Later I kept looking at the Magic & booked Nov. 25th for $379 pp but got it under the "Pack & Go"... :)

Same cruise is now at $509 for an inside cabin so I feel good... :D

If you can be flexible on your cruise dates & keep searching you should be able to find a great deal...

Archived