Allure or Oasis

They are virtually identical so the differences are minimal.

That being said, I preferred Allure for the following reasons.

1. More interesting food options. Rita's Cantina vs Seafood Shack, Samba Grill, and Boardwalk Dog House.

2. Personally I found the entertainment slightly better, i.e. preferred Chicago to Hairspray.

The differences are so slight you can not go wrong with whichever ship you choose.

I just got off both ships (Allure 10/7 sailing & Oasis 10/20 sailing) I thought the crew was friendlier on Oasis also I preferred Hairspray over Chicago. I agree with the previous poster that both ships are almost identical and you will not go wrong whatever you choose.

You really are going to have to decide yourself.

The Allure was newer and had upgrades based on lessons learned from the Oasis. Loved all the shows, however, I prefered Hairspray over Chicago (although both excellent). If you have teens/young adults, they'll probably prefer Hairspray.

Blue Planet though was out of this world.

I'd say for us, we'd decide based on the entertainment. Also which day is better for you leaving, Saturday or Sunday?

Which is your favorite and why?

Trying to decide which ship to select.

Oasis....because she sails on Saturday. You get a day to recover.

Otherwise, the differences are so subtle, they even out. I couldn't say which I liked better.

I can only speak about Oasis. I just sailed her a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Oasis is an amazing ship! I will be trying out Allure and I'm sure she will be just as spectacular as Oasis.

One thing to keep in mind is that the cabin prices tend to be a little lower on Oasis than Allure. At least from what I have seen that's been the case

I just got off both ships (Allure 10/7 sailing & Oasis 10/20 sailing) I thought the crew was friendlier on Oasis also I preferred Hairspray over Chicago. I agree with the previous poster that both ships are almost identical and you will not go wrong whatever you choose.

Yes it boils down to the little things..........

I agree Hairspray was great

The Bistro Rest (Oasis) is better than that Brazilian Rest on the Allure'

The Dog House on the Allure is so GOOOOD!

The Ice show on the Allure is better than the OAsis

The Concierge Lounge on the OAsis is far better than the Allure!

At the end of the day I pick the OASIS...........the crew is friendlier!!

What is better about the Concierge Lounge on Oasis? I thought they would be the same. I LOVED the lounge on Oasis.

What is better about CL on Oasis? I thought they would be the same. I loved CL on Oasis and I will be on Allure in December.

storm is confused on that issue. Concierge Lounges are IDENTICAL.

IDENTICAL.

As far as Solarium Bistro being better than Samba Grill.........

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Solarium Bistro, which is free for breakfast and lunch. I am content with Samba in the evening, because I wouldn't pay for Solarium at night. :)

I missed balloon boy on the Allure. :(

Love Chicago, love Hairspray. (personally prefer Chicago, but I'm a Broadway sort of girl.)

Love Come Fly With Me. ADORE Blue Planet.

LOVE sand artist in ice show on Oasis. Enjoy ice show on Allure.

Love them both. Can't go wrong on either.

There is absolutely no difference. I'm not sure what storm1of4 meant. :confused:

I didn't understand that one either. I remember them being identical.

The only difference I believe is in the way they are set-up....the concierge desk on Oasis is right as you walk into the lounge....on Allure the concierges sit where the computers are located on Oasis....and I don't believe that there are any desk-tops to use in the CL on Allure like on Oasis. Location and space wise however, they are identical....just subtle differences in the way they are set-up.

The only difference I believe is in the way they are set-up....the concierge desk on Oasis is right as you walk into the lounge....on Allure the concierges sit where the computers are located on Oasis....and I don't believe that there are any desk-tops to use in the CL on Allure like on Oasis. Location and space wise however, they are identical....just subtle differences in the way they are set-up.

Are you sure about that Steve? :confused: I'm remembering it being set up the same as Oasis.

Are you sure about that Steve? :confused: I'm remembering it being set up the same as Oasis.

Yea ....Paul, I remember noticing the difference....they had tables for people to sit in the area where the concierges desk sits on Oasis. I kind of scratched my head when I first walked in knowing something was a bit different....it took me like the 3rd time to figure out there was a difference in the layout a bit.

Which is your favorite and why?

Trying to decide which ship to select.

I think this is something that depends on your preferences. Allure leaves on Sunday -- do you need a rest day? Other than that, the differences are minute. I picked Allure and will go on her a second time because we like Mexican food and want to try the Samba Grill this time. We also want to attend the Prohibition Party that Allure holds to keep up with their theme of Chicago show. They're almost identical, you can't go wrong with either one!

Allure has the two desk tops just past the concierge desk on the left. I remember the Oasis being the same way.

Me, too.

And the Allure definitely has two desktops, on the left, beyond the Concierge Desk.

They may have desk-tops on Allure....I can't remember 100% on that one since I have been on Oasis much more than Allure....but I know there is something different in the way they are set-up in the area where the concierge sits between the two....but like I said...the lounge itself is identical.....just a bit different set-up with the furniture in that area as soon as you walk in.

They may have desk-tops on Allure....I can't remember 100% on that one since I have been on Oasis much more than Allure....but I know there is something different in the way they are set-up in the area where the concierge sits between the two....but like I said...the lounge itself is identical.....just a bit different set-up with the furniture in that area as soon as you walk in.

Plus the set up of the tables and chairs are different and all the food is against the back wall on the Allure where as on the Oasis the cold food is on the counter where the coffee maker is. The rooms are not identical!!! Just small differences..But really who cares about this anyway.....What I notice is the service..............The Concierge on the Oasis is far more superior!!!!!!The service ie better both by the Concierge and the waiters. Having been on both ships 4 times each in the past two years I can see a big difference in style of service. I dont really want to name names.

Archived