"Scenic Ocean View" staterooms???

frangran

I try to keep up on the CCMBs, but I must have missed something along the way. I just noticed a new (to me) category "Scenic Ocean View staterooms +$20 pp/day." Anyone know what is so special about these rooms? Is the water more photogenic from these cabins or what??? :confused:

I also thought it was odd that the Obstructed View Ocean View rooms cost a couple of bucks MORE more pp/day than the regular Ocean View cabins!

Valor has 4(?) cabins at the front of the ship on Lido(?) that were converted by eliminating a "secret" walkway. Floor to ceiling windows, the 2 cabins on the sides have an even better view with the corner windows. There are pictures posted on CC. These cabins were just added to Conquest apparently because there is a thread/rant about selling bookings and the cabins weren't ready coming out of drydock.

Also, the price difference between obstructed and regular is probably due to occupancy. As the regulars fill up they will go back up in price making the obstructed a bargain again.

Or maybe they are more popular because they are on higher decks. On conquest class the regular OVs are on the bottom 2 decks. I would rather have a 4J on Lido than a OV on the bottom deck.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived