6 days away....and now I'm sick!

tpeiyn

I am 6 days away from my first cruise on Fantasy and as usual, I have horrible luck! I have managed to catch a cold --coughing, sneezing, runny nose, the whole nine yards! I am totally unwilling to even.THINK about giving up my cruise! Will they give me grief at embarkation for being sick?!?!

I am 6 days away from my first cruise on Fantasy and as usual, I have horrible luck! I have managed to catch a cold --coughing, sneezing, runny nose, the whole nine yards! I am totally unwilling to even.THINK about giving up my cruise! Will they give me grief at embarkation for being sick?!?!

If you are six days away, wouldn't your cold be pretty much gone by then?

I find that taking extra vitamin C helps alleviate symptoms.

Don't give up the ship yet. (Pun intended.) Wait and see how you feel in a few days.

Get thee to CVS (or Walgreens/Walmart/Target/anywhere else with vitamins) immediately, and get Zinc, Vitamin C and D.

Take the zinc with dinner/food, and take the vitamin C at least an hour after the zinc, they don't play well together (and the zinc makes me nauseous if I take it anytime other than with-as in, in the middle of- a meal). Or take the right now, and the zinc right before bed so you sleep through the nausea just to get it in your system ASAP, then switch tomorrow (but take the C in the morning too!). I don't think it matters when you take the D.

It really will help.

LOL, thanks for all of the encouraging replies! I hope I'm better by then, but I'm the queen of the what-if's. You know, What if I .... ( forget my photo I'D at home), (have two flat tires on the way to Charleston) (can't board because....)

You should be fine. Go to the doc and get something if you need it, but 6 days on OTC meds you should be okay. I had a crazy sinus infection a few years ago before one, went to the doc that Friday and got on antibiotics + decongestants. Our cruise left that Monday, and aside from having a weird metallic taste in my mouth (stupid side effects), I was fine. I think the sea air actually helped a bit.

I agree with those who told you to get rest, take over the counter meds, etc. Antibotics won't help a cold.

When you do get on the ship, be extra vigilant with hand washing, covering your mouth when you cough, etc. so others don't get your gerrms.

Mostly relax and have a great cruise!

Archived