My booking was cancelled !!

mstea

You need to get down to the Truth of the matter...

I REALLY wonder if it was carnival that cancelled it on you...if it was ....then then they might help you...Call Carnival tell them what happened ask to speak to someone in customer serivice...tell them agency said it was thier FAULT....

but if it was agency....it is up to them to send you bottle of wine or decorate your door...lol

Thats what you need to find out....

that will determine if you get upgrade..

Did you have to pay more money to rebook or where you downgraded and paid the same or is your daughter just placed away from other rooms on ship??

Not exactly the same thing happened to me but I guess it is similar. We had a cruise booked for June 19th on Mariner of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), and was told that if we cancel within 24 hours that we would get a full refund. Well my brother threw a fit that he would NOT be going on that date because it would fall on his birthday while we were on the cruise. So we canceled within 24 hours as told. We were then told that we could not get our $750 deposit back so we dealt with it. Finally we rebooked for July 3rd on the Mariner and had consultant who seemed very unfit for this job because we had told him we wanted a port side room, and I knew that port is the left side of the ship and right is starboard. Well he INSISTED that port is the right side of the ship and considering the only adjoining rooms availible were on the port side or 'right' side of the ship (according to him), we took the rooms that were availible. Anyway, about a week later we recieved our cruise documents with the right cabin category but the wrong sail date! He had booked us on June 19th. So we call Royal Caribbean and spoke with a supervisor and was told that the cabins that we had booked on deck eight were already booked to someone else. We were very upset about this and the supervisor seemed to be of no help, offering us $300 in shipboard credit, which I believed to be unreasonable because that money will go right back to the cruise line when you think about it. In the end though, we got our $750 dollars back from our deposit and stayed in the same stateroom category, two floors down but we did at least get to be on port side this time. We made the supervisor aware of this problem that this consultant had and how he didn't know (obviously!) the correct terms for the right and left sides of the ships and I don't believe that much was done to the consultant, but I don't know what should be done in situations such as this. I believe that he told us falsely so he could make a sale, but who knows. Anyway, this is just my experience and I am hoping that we will end up with a great cruise, I am looking forward to it!

:) Thanks for all you advice..

TA Manger called last night, took me off guard..

:confused: They got our old room back,, surprise???:eek: which is okay, I just thought an upgrade would be nice. anyway, they are decorating my daughter's and her fiends room, for graduation.. Just seems like they want to cover this incident up.. go figure... I know I can't mention their name.. bummer... I just am venting, because sometimes the folks on the other end of the phone seem to hear blah,blah,blah, they don't understand how stress-ful things like this can be,:eek:.

My dh was a little ticked about the orig room and not a whole lot more, so I gave him the number to chat with the lady..

Should I still call Carnival and chat with them, or leave well enough alone? Thanks for all you help on this . I appreciate all your support...

Well - you did get the original cabin back and that was your goal right? So I would say that even though it took a lot of work on your part they did come through and fix it. The room decorations are a bonus at this point - but it sure makes you wonder where they put the people that were assigned to that cabin. They probably got a pretty good upgrade for the inconvenience of moving :o . Such is life.

Well, congratulations on getting your cabin back!! At least you're back where you started before they cancelled your booking. Personally, I think your TA should be doing a lot more than some room decorations. All the stress you had to endure the past 2 weeks in trying to get them to reverse THEIR mistake is something that cannot just simply be erased. If it was me, I'd go as high as you can possibly go and demand something more. At the very least, a slight discount or some sort of onboard credit for the difficulties they caused.

One again, congrats on getting the cabin back. :) Now go have a foo-foo drink and enjoy.......

Well, congratulations on getting your cabin back!! At least you're back where you started before they cancelled your booking. Personally, I think your TA should be doing a lot more than some room decorations. All the stress you had to endure the past 2 weeks in trying to get them to reverse THEIR

:confused: My thoughts exactly...The other person's probaly are in a balcony...

:confused: My thoughts exactly...The other person's probaly are in a balcony...

I think a decoration for $32.00 per room is ridiculous .. Your TA is most likely getting a nice piece of commission and thats all they can do decorations??? I know they got your room back and all but I think some sort of credit should be in order.. :)

Out of curiosity, I called the TA I'm dealing with on my next cruise. Making sure she had the time first, I asked her what would happen IF they inadvertantly cancelled a booking, what would they do? I gave her the same circumstances as what happened here. Her answer was short and sweet: Get the original booking back, regardless of the cost to them, and supply some sort of perk for the trouble. I asked if that perk would be room decorations. She laughed and said, no, more than likely a discount on a furture cruise with them or a small onboard credit. (She said it would depend on what her supervisor would agree to...)

So there you have 1 TA's opinion of it. :)

:) thanks for the ideas, I totally agree, I am on the boat, same room, just lots of tylenol later...LOL which it really wasn't funny at all.. I think some sort of perk is in order, because companies should not be able to get away with ruining someone's planning of trip, or etc. I am not done with them yet, I was really hoping for a window... just for the headache... I'm sure my DH would agree, he had to put up with a CRAZY woman for several days :D. I will keep you posted, will call them today, and then I'm calling Carnival... Just a FYI to them... I will get back to you... thanks :cool:

Well - you did get the original cabin back and that was your goal right? So I would say that even though it took a lot of work on your part they did come through and fix it. The room decorations are a bonus at this point - but it sure makes you wonder where they put the people that were assigned to that cabin. They probably got a pretty good upgrade for the inconvenience of moving

DITTO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had a feeling that is what they were going to try to do....

call carnival for help....since they are big agency...carnival

probably offered the people in the other room an outside cabin and they said ok.................we'll give up that room..

They might suprise you with something else on board...

Have fun and its better having the security,,,,in this day and age the girls be close to you...if they were 2 floors up outsde cabin you probably wouldn't like that.....It worked out...

;) Well, not many days to go..

Had my DH call to talk to manager TA, she's on Vac.:confused:

Lead TA said everything was taken care of and we should have a GREAT trip.. They wanted to get our room back so we could all be together since the ship is over selling..???

They didn't give others a better room, ??? We are to call after we get back if things don't work out right.. I'm just too tired to worry right now. I will write a letter later to the corp. office. and see what happens.. I did call Carnival, they really don't care, and if your not a TA they won't do anything, my DH couldn't even get to customer service.. oh, well.. anyway, thanks for all your help and well wishes.. I will let you know how things turn out... Hopefully there will be a few surprises on board. take care and happy sailing....:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

:) Hello,

back from the Elation, I will write a review later.

wanted to let everyone know it was a great trip, full of fun, laughter , good memories and of course you heard Drama..

everything for us turned out to be a great time.. they decorated my daughter's cabin, and it really looked great. I'm so glad the girls got their orginal cabin back, it was nice and close to everyone else's . the other cabin they wanted to give us was really far away.

The ship really is in good shape , I would travel on her again... thanks for all you support and helpful ideas..

This may be a stupid question, but I am sure someone can help me out. Booked a January 8 cruise on the Valor. Have the confirmation from the travel agent. Since this is way before final payment can I check on Carnival's web-site that I have this booking? How would I do that?

The ship was full, 2,518, but not too crowded... I really enjoyed the ship. we found a deck chair's(15 of us) whenever we wanted... no long lines, sometimes for pictures, at the pursure's desk, but not anywhere else... a really fun ship.. I will try and write a review... thumbs up!!

Archived