My booking was cancelled !!

mstea

I intend to get a up-grade for all my trouble... don't you guys think? She has never apolized for her mistake... and now I'm just MAD :mad:

I think the travel agency should pay to upgrade you to the original category you were booked in. They can eat part of their commission to do it. If there is no space to upgrade to, then the travel agent should refund back to you the difference between the higher category you were booked in, and what you ended up with now. If it was indeed their error, then they need to own up to it and do what they can to make things right. If they don't, then I would be looking for another agency.

Ernie

It does sound like a TA screwup and if that is the case Carnival should have a record of who cancelled. If your TA did it they should not only eat the commission they owe you more than an apology.

In order to get to the bottom of this schedule a conference call with Carnival and a Rep, preferably a manager, from your TA's office. That ought to get you to the bottom of who did it. Every time a record is modified in booking systems there is an agent sign of who did it, both on the cruiselines end and the TA's end.

:confused: Well, update... nothing really new. Talked to lead Agent, few minutes ago... He was unable to get anything done today. I informed him that I have posted my problem on Cruisecritic.com but have not listed the TA ( a very well known ta). But if I don't get a up-grade for all my trouble, I will gladly post the company...:o After all we have spent over $9,000 in rooms for this cruise...

Thanks for all your info fellow cruisers, I also used some of that info on him... I'm to hear back tomorrow afternoon. I informed him the longer this goes on, the madder I';m getting.. The cruise is coming way too fast...

:o Thanks,

hopefully tomorrow will be a Great day...

we have had so much drama going on, my mother-in-law died just 2 months ago, out of the blue... this is our girls, my daughter & niece's graduation cruise.. now this... what a nightmare..I'm wondering if this is a sign?:confused:

thanks guys for all your support and help.

:mad: Yes, I'm still waiting... now they want to decorate the room for graduation.... which is nice, I just don't think that should compensate for all the hassle, this is going on 2 weeks, and the cruise is coming fast...

no news last night, ( the guy I'm dealing with works 3-11)

so I have to see if I get a call today, if not I've touched base with the original TA that booked the curise, what at mess.

I will keep you posted... thanks.:o

Guest cruzr44
:mad: Yes, I'm still waiting... now they want to decorate the room for graduation.... which is nice, I just don't think that should compensate for all the hassle, this is going on 2 weeks, and the cruise is coming fast...

no news last night, ( the guy I'm dealing with works 3-11)

so I have to see if I get a call today, if not I've touched base with the original TA that booked the curise, what at mess.

I will keep you posted... thanks.:o

Any updates for us????

:mad: Yes, I'm still waiting... now they want to decorate the room for graduation.... which is nice, I just don't think that should compensate for all the hassle.

I dont believe that is enough compensation.. Decorating the room costs $32.00 that.... that is just a joke.

Oh I would be fuming by now. A 32.00 decoration for a 9000.00 screw up. I think they have been caught with their pants down and do not know where to begin.

I would think an upgrade for all your cabins is less then fair but acceptable. ALso I would hope there was some kind of action taken against the ta who cnacelled your reservation.

One other thing to look at is alot of business record their calls now days. Might want to check on this. We record our calls at the dealership I work for so that new sales people can hear prpper sales calls. Just a thought

Good luck.

:confused: Well, update... nothing really new. Talked to lead Agent, few minutes ago... He was unable to get anything done today. I informed him that I have posted my problem on Cruisecritic.com but have not listed the TA ( a very well known ta). But if I don't get a up-grade for all my trouble, I will gladly post the company...:o After all we have spent over $9,000 in rooms for this cruise...

Thanks for all your info fellow cruisers, I also used some of that info on him... I'm to hear back tomorrow afternoon. I informed him the longer this goes on, the madder I';m getting.. The cruise is coming way too fast...

I may have missed it but have you contacted Carnival?? I know they wont talk to you if you have a TA but maybe if you ask for a supervisor and explain what happened Carnival can take care of it.

I'm sorry for all your trouble, I would be livid myself! :mad: But I do have to advise against posting who the TA is, that's against CruiseCritic rules.

GOOD LUCK! :)

I'm sorry for all your trouble, I would be livid myself! :mad: But I do have to advise against posting who the TA is, that's against CruiseCritic rules.

GOOD LUCK! :)

shes just trying to vent her frustrations..:)

We quit screwing with TAs...now only direct thru Carnival PVPs...no incident since.

That's fine if you can afford to deal with Carnival's PVPs.

I just completed a PRIDE cruise that I booked the last minute (2 weeks out) and Carnival wanted $2975 for a cabin I paid $2341 for through an online agency ! ! :eek:

Last 8 cruises through various online agencies and NOT ONE SINGLE HITCH. :)

That's fine if you can afford to deal with Carnival's PVPs.

I just completed a PRIDE cruise that I booked the last minute (2 weeks out) and Carnival wanted $2975 for a cabin I paid $2341 for through an online agency ! ! :eek:

Last 8 cruises through various online agencies and NOT ONE SINGLE HITCH. :)

I've always found Carnival PVP's to match most online agency prices..

:o Well,

the manger of the TA company, has been trying to take care of the matter, they also think I do deserve some kind of compensation. !!!

They put me back on a gty for that room, they talked to carnival They are aware of the problems, and are to hand pick the room, trying to keep it near the other 5 rooms.. , not let the computer pick the gty room. I just fill a small upgrade is in order for all the stress and upset... a window, from a inside.. just a jester of goodness. They say the boat will be over sold.. :confused: so I haven't heard today.. I will call later, the persons I'm dealing with they work 3-11 pm.. Good idea, i will call carnival and see if they have a room for me yet... thanks for all the help , I will keep you up to date...

Really pray that this gets worked out, nobody deserves this kind of aggravation. I do want to add for everyone's benefit that this proves once again that the absolute lowest price may not be the best deal unless you are using your last dollar for a vacation. We shopped around for a TA through recommendations of co-workers. So far we have used this TA for 3 cruises and 5-6 land tours. We have gotten cabin upgrades twice (one from a balcony to a deluxe suite on the Quenn Mary 2!), $400 in extra onboard credits, free champagne, and more. Plus, one time the land tour company cancelled our trip (Portugal, after the Madrid bombings). We had booked the air travel from London to Portugal ourselves and Tap Air said they had a strict no refund policy, we couldn't use the credit they offered and insurance didn't cover it. Even though this was all my responsibility, our TA still got us a 50% refund. Bottom line- vacation is only vacation if it is hassle free- so go with a TA you can trust!

While I agree you should be compensated..i dont think we know all the facts???

Please tell us more...

Someone mentioned a 9.000 mistake...

I thought it was a cost of 9.000 booking over all.....for your small group??

What type of room did you book originally book??

Lets say... 4A NEAR your group....and it was cancelled??

Did you have to pay anymore to get another 4 A? Somewhere else??

Either way I think they should book y9ou as a guarantee and get you NEAR your group outside cabin same floor as group....

Really pray that this gets worked out, nobody deserves this kind of aggravation. I do want to add for everyone's benefit that this proves once again that the absolute lowest price may not be the best deal unless you are using your last dollar for a vacation. We shopped around for a TA through recommendations of co-workers. So far we have used this TA for 3 cruises and 5-6 land tours. We have gotten cabin upgrades twice (one from a balcony to a deluxe suite on the Quenn Mary 2!), $400 in extra onboard credits, free champagne, and more. Plus, one time the land tour company cancelled our trip (Portugal, after the Madrid bombings). We had booked the air travel from London to Portugal ourselves and Tap Air said they had a strict no refund policy, we couldn't use the credit they offered and insurance didn't cover it. Even though this was all my responsibility, our TA still got us a 50% refund. Bottom line- vacation is only vacation if it is hassle free- so go with a TA you can trust!

Please e-mail me your TA's name and info and your info so I can say you recommended me..

Your TA sounds awesome.

Bsan1221@aol.com

Betty

I, too, deal directly with Carnival. I just booked a trip for 8 people (4 rooms) and once they gave me all of the booking numbers, I was asked to select a 4 digit pin number. Since the original booking I have had to call twice and each time I've had to provide that pin#. I think this is pretty good system. They must have learned the hard way and are trying to put in some safeguards.

I just book a B2B Alaska cruise and this did not happen for me. I have even called back to get the one day sale price and no mention of a pin number.

I just book a B2B Alaska cruise and this did not happen for me. I have even called back to get the one day sale price and no mention of a pin number.

They always ask for my pin number to.

You may want to call and ask them to put a pin on your account.

While I agree that this error is very frustrating you did catch it in time. And while I feel it would be a great gester on the part of your TA to do something great for you, I wouldn't hold your breath. But most of all - PLEASE, PLEASE do not let this affect your cruise. No matter what happens - once you get on the ship - just enjoy yourself and put all this behind you. I'm sure it will come up in conversation with your group - but just be thankful you are all together to enjoy the cruise (even if your cabins aren't right next to each other ) and enjoy your time together. If you don't let this go by the time you sail your cruise will be a waste of your time and money. So PLEASE worry now if you must but enjoy the cruise without this hanging over your head like a black cloud. If you don't get satisfaction before you go then worry about it when you get home.

Have a safe and wonderful cruise.

While I agree that this error is very frustrating you did catch it in time. And while I feel it would be a great gester on the part of your TA to do something great for you, I wouldn't hold your breath. But most of all - PLEASE, PLEASE do not let this affect your cruise. No matter what happens - once you get on the ship - just enjoy yourself and put all this behind you. I'm sure it will come up in conversation with your group - but just be thankful you are all together to enjoy the cruise (even if your cabins aren't right next to each other ) and enjoy your time together. If you don't let this go by the time you sail your cruise will be a waste of your time and money. So PLEASE worry now if you must but enjoy the cruise without this hanging over your head like a black cloud. If you don't get satisfaction before you go then worry about it when you get home.

Have a safe and wonderful cruise.

:o Yes thank you for your words,, Yes the main thing is we are on the boat, and no they didn't screw up all the cabins, just the one for my daughter and her friend... the total we spent thru that ta is over 9,000.00 .. If they would have screwed up all of that I would really be out of control...

I am feeling better, received doucments sat...wrong room # but they are working on that... so we shall see... No I'm not holding my breath, and I will enjoy this cruise, for many reasons... But if they give us a really crappy room , I will write the corp. office... I really appreciate all the support from everyone... I just wanted everyone to know, you just never know what might happen... this is my 4th cruise.. and after several vacations this is the only twist... so in a way I'm lucky, and I did find the error in time... I will keep you posted and thanks again for understanding...

this TA is large and handles time shares also.....????just fyi...not a mom & pop shop..:eek:

Archived